Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Congrats to tuq!

katy & wook,

i think it's unfair to say we aren't being welcoming when the whole thing looks so very much like this:

Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 PM

lol.

Yeah, come on, lighten up guys, there's a tinge of bitterness that just isn't lounge-like. Just relax and see what happens. Tuq's a great poster.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 PM

I think tuq will fit into the Lounge community just fine. I know I don't post here much, but I lurk often and I think many of you who aren't familiar with him will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:26 PM

As school has started, I hope to post more in the Lounge again. Obviously, coming back to this is intriguing.

I don't see how this can have any severe negative effects, because the Lounge would overcome anything negative anyway. Shrug.

I'm too lazy to go read in ATF, if it is even in there, but why did Tuq get modded without posting here? Shouldn't there be some posting before he was modded? Whaaaaatever, I'm an outskirt member of the Lounge anyway.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM

Being a Suns fan, I think tuq should be purple or orange.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:02 PM

when Mr. Wookie becomes mod of the beer forum, I want Mat to use admin powers to make me a mod too
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 PM

Tuw - be funny here so I can post without feeling creepy.

[ QUOTE ]
Since we have three times the threads that El D forum does, I suppose you have given just as much consideration to flushing the El D vanity forum? Have you been worried that its existence is justified?

[/ QUOTE ]TLDR has 3 times the threads because it was started before EDGF. My impression of both forums is that EDGF is currently busier (e.g., it has more people currently viewing than does TLDR).

That's not to say I'm in favor EDGF or TLDR. I post in both and am neutral.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm too lazy to go read in ATF, if it is even in there, but why did Tuq get modded without posting here? Shouldn't there be some posting before he was modded? Whaaaaatever, I'm an outskirt member of the Lounge anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back, Solo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. We missed you a lot. You were one of our main regulars and then you disappeared to LA or something.

As I understand it (and don't take my word for this or anything), Tuq will inspire more people to venture into our forum and he will also be assisting in moving certain unwanted threads from OOT into the Lounge. The OOT threads that he moves will obviously have to be viable decent threads, not like "Hey, do you like my shirt?" At least I THINK that's the idea anyway. God, hope I didn't get that wrong. I have been off the forum for an hour so I might be way off base. Maybe he's like an ambassador or something. Maybe he can explain it to us because I don't want to cause any ruffled feathers [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yo, Tuq?? Can you tell us about the OOT threads?

In any case, I'm excited. I just want to see people adding to the forum. I don't see how any of this is negative and he will no doubt be a good contributor.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 PM

I think that being mod will force tuq to stretch beyond his wonderful one liners. That is to say, I expect his head to asplode any second now.