Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 AM

Default big bluff and to conti bet or not

both hands vs same villian.he prolly view me as a winner and prolly standardish and very aggressive at times. he is extremly solid reg and doesnt get out of line much. first hand i got him on a weak hand he just wants to show down so i jump on it. second one should i conti bet this hand.i never seen him reraise this small pre flop b4 also. last time i was playing him hu i 3bet him pre flop bet low flop and he said he folded 1010 to me. i happen to have kk that time.

the converter is messing up the pot sizes
World Sports Exchange (WSEX) - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $788.70
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $723.80</font>
UTG: $93
BTN: $908.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $21</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $15
Uncalled bet of $6 returned to BTN

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($42) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($42) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $35</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $250</font>, BTN calls $180

<font color="black">River:</font> ($530) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $452.80</font>

World Sports Exchange (WSEX) - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $1157.40</font>
BB: $390
UTG: $412.10
CO: $429.60
BTN: $679.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $28</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $118</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $90

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($248) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $200</font>, BTN calls $200

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($648) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks
Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: big bluff and to conti bet or not

first one I think is OK

second I would have bet less on the flop and would now c/f
Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first one I think is OK

second I would have bet less on the flop and would now c/f

[/ QUOTE ]
what would u fire out there on 2nd one and whats the reasoning behind that number
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 AM

3-betting that minraise on the turn w/ T9 there is terrible
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting that minraise on the turn w/ T9 there is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a pure bluff yes,but spur of moment decision to do it. Why do u feel its so terrible.remember villian is abci'sh and doesn't get outta line. He's usu. Doesn't make big calls. This is obv not a standard pracitice for me but what's so wrong wit it this one time if I got him on a hand he wants to showdown for just 35 more and not for his whole stack. I was aspecting him to fold to turn 3 bet obv. And not have to fire river.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 PM

In the first hand, if your read on his minraise is correct, then your 3-bet is obv not bad. Against most people, I'm not sure it is. However, when he calls your 3-bet, he must expect you to push the river and I'd just give up. He'll call you way too often imo.

In the second one, I agree that you'll get the same information on the paired flop with a smaller bet. If he knows you very well and you'ld bet that much with aces, I guess you have to do it here too. If you bet, say 140$, and he calls, you pretty much have the same amount of info on his hand.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM

First hand has prolly some history I left out. He did earlier in the session call my turn lead and river bet after he check back flop with ace high and was beat.its was like a k 7d 8 3d 7 board and I bet bet 1010.He tryed to catch me in a bluff and failed and I feel that will discourage him to try it again knowning I had the goods last time. He is not checking a made hand on flop 95% unless its a weak hand. He'll bet draws air and strong hands. He'll chk underpairs/air/ and tp no kicker sometimes.I was really aspecting him to dump turn.I play at wpex and metagame is huge since player pool is really small.