Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 AM

Default TD27 pat early multiway

Ive got 23678 after the first draw. Its 4 way, and im second to last to act. The draws last round were 2,2,2,1. Should I stand pat or draw to the 7?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: TD27 pat early multiway

Pat.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM

There are 28 cards in the range of duce through 8 (including the 6's). Your opponents have told you through their betting and drawing patterns that there are 18 of these cards at a minimum removed from the deck, probably more in anyone paired their low card or if the guy who draw 1 card was breaking a straight. This leaves the field with 10 cards that are babys which may or may not improve their hands. The deck is rick with high cards, stand pat! You will win the vast majority of the time.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 PM

I like that TT. very cool stuff.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The deck is rick with high cards, stand pat!

[/ QUOTE ]

rick = rich
Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM

I would stand pat since so many of the outs you all need are in the others hands.

But recognize that you will win at showdown only around 45% of the time or so. Thats great tho, since with all of them calling you only need to win 20% to be an equity favorite.

-g
Old 11-30-2006, 02:06 AM

remember that it is a lot lot tougher to break hands in multiway pots than you think because as TT alluded to, your outs aren't very live because your opponents hold them. a lot of holdem players learning to play triple draw tend to forget this when thinking about outs to improve.

pat.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 AM

I played a similar hand recently but with the difference that I was delt a 76432 in the SB. (1/2$)

I haven't played TD27 for very long but I have read somewhere that with a 76 you are actually a dog to win against three oponents drawing, is that correct?

The odds against four players must be better since there are only three sevens left in the deck and more dead cards!?

In the hand I played all players limped and I raised from SB, and then it was reraised at the button, and I made it four bets, all limpers tagged along. All opponents drew 2 cards. After that was all betting rounds capped (me and the button raising) and all players stayed in.

I would say that the players calling down this hand are solid players at that level. The player at the button had just sat down and this was his second hand (I later on realized that he was tending towards a maniac).

If I try to do the same analysis as TT did for the other hand:

I can only be beaten by No1 so drawing with a six on the hand is almost drwaing dead. If, and thats a big "if" all of my opponents are drawing to a 75 there are only a maximum of three usefull cards left (12+5 dead of 20)!?!?

When looking back at the hand and realising this am I thinking of whether it was correct to reraise the button (I bet out, the players in between me and the button called and the button raised) after the first draw risking that players folded hands since it was two bets (risking three) for them to call? Should I slowplay it until the bets are doubled?

/V
Old 01-22-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't played TD27 for very long but I have read somewhere that with a 76 you are actually a dog to win against three oponents drawing, is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by dog you mean enormous favorite, then yes.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a similar hand recently but with the difference that I was delt a 76432 in the SB. (1/2$)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about A-5? Because thats the second nuts in 2-7.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]