Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Nontraditional Heisman Candidates

[ QUOTE ]

Pace also played DT on short yardage plays, and "never making a mistake" is a clear judgment call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah agreed, I guess never makes noticeable mistakes might be better? I don't know. Anyway I don't want to get into a Pace v. Long debate. Pace was obviously incredible and proved this throughout college and the NFL and Long has done everything expected of him through this point. This thread was more to give notice to players who are really, really good but don't play QB/WR/RB and to discuss what, if anything, could be done to get them in the Heisman discussion.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 PM

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Long didn't declare himself draft eligible last year.

Another non-traditional candidate I'd like to see win is Glenn Dorsey. They've been double and triple-teaming that guy non-stop and he still has a significant impact on every game.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Long didn't declare himself draft eligible last year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Long, Hart, and Henne all came back because they should've been contending for the national title this year.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Long, Hart, and Henne all came back because they should've been contending for the national title this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sad how much that blocked FG changed for those seniors. Even if they then go and still [censored] the bed against Oregon, they are in great shape right now if they just make that FG. Probably like 6-7 in the BCS right? And with a chance to beat tOSU and maybe a championship shot.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sad how much that blocked FG changed for those seniors. Even if they then go and still [censored] the bed against Oregon, they are in great shape right now if they just make that FG. Probably like 6-7 in the BCS right? And with a chance to beat tOSU and maybe a championship shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ]Sad
Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 AM

Excuse my ignorance folks - but could someone let me know whether defensive players are eligible for the Heisman? I know would be in theory only of course because it will always be a QB, RB or WR that wins it.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse my ignorance folks - but could someone let me know whether defensive players are eligible for the Heisman? I know would be in theory only of course because it will always be a QB, RB or WR that wins it.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If only they would've shown up those first two games, they'd be #1 right now. You're right, though, if they would've at least half shown up to the first one, even losing to Oregon they'd be something like 6-7.

As it is now, though, they're probably still going to the Rose Bowl. If things hold like they should (famous last words), they'll either win the Big 10 on November 17 or tOSU will lock up the #1 spot and UM will go to the Rose Bowl in their place.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:00 AM

Woodson returned kicks, and if I remember right played a little offense as a novelty. I don't think you will ever see a D lineman, safety, or linebacker take the Heisman.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Woodson played both ways, and while it wasn't clear then, that was just Phase 1 of the media's "give awards to anyone but Peyton Manning" obsession.