Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for people who like to act like they know what theyre talking about, a lot of you guys seldom know what youre talking about:

[ QUOTE ]
There was like 9k or something in the pot when it got to Jenn

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. it was 2400 to go plus the 100 ante. five players called (i think maybe one folded), so thats $12,500. daniel bets $8,000. so its $20,500. man im good at math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he's talking about her preflop call, when there was 7600 in the pot when it came to her action. Good thing we've got someone who knows what they're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right, clown, you are taking a wild guess. did you even read his post? dont bother looking for it, because im quoting it right here:

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Barry that Daniel played this hand pretty horrible. There was like 9k or something in the pot when it got to Jenn and she was like "okay, I'm the biggest nit on this show and I wanna play a 150k pot, kay?" and he was like "I got top pair and I will put you on a hand I am coinflipping with so I can call kay?". God forbid he should fold there and she does have JQs and he's like "omg, I lost like 4k in equity by folding in this pot!".

[/ QUOTE ]

does that sound like preflop to you? no. it doesnt. in your face. i win. oh, man. IN YOUR FACE! now who is pretending to know what theyre talking about? you are the pretender. HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS GUY DROMAR! HE TRIES TO ACT SMART BUT HE IS JUST A BIG FAT PHONY! DROMAR IS A BIG FAT PHONY AND I DOMINATE HIM. IN YOUR FACE, DUURRRRRRRRRRROMAR. IN YOUR FACE!

[/ QUOTE ]

A little much...But generally, I approve of this post.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for people who like to act like they know what theyre talking about, a lot of you guys seldom know what youre talking about:

[ QUOTE ]
There was like 9k or something in the pot when it got to Jenn

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. it was 2400 to go plus the 100 ante. five players called (i think maybe one folded), so thats $12,500. daniel bets $8,000. so its $20,500. man im good at math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he's talking about her preflop call, when there was 7600 in the pot when it came to her action. Good thing we've got someone who knows what they're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right, clown, you are taking a wild guess. did you even read his post? dont bother looking for it, because im quoting it right here:

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Barry that Daniel played this hand pretty horrible. There was like 9k or something in the pot when it got to Jenn and she was like "okay, I'm the biggest nit on this show and I wanna play a 150k pot, kay?" and he was like "I got top pair and I will put you on a hand I am coinflipping with so I can call kay?". God forbid he should fold there and she does have JQs and he's like "omg, I lost like 4k in equity by folding in this pot!".

[/ QUOTE ]

does that sound like preflop to you? no. it doesnt. in your face. i win. oh, man. IN YOUR FACE! now who is pretending to know what theyre talking about? you are the pretender. HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS GUY DROMAR! HE TRIES TO ACT SMART BUT HE IS JUST A BIG FAT PHONY! DROMAR IS A BIG FAT PHONY AND I DOMINATE HIM. IN YOUR FACE, DUURRRRRRRRRRROMAR. IN YOUR FACE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll concede. How could I possibly compete with that?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:15 PM

The big game has a 100K cap on NL/PL and she's played in the beal games at 25K/50K LHE. She's clearly lost more than 100K in a hand. I seriously doubt it tilted her. Bathroom seems much more likely.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's so painful to see jamie check down the river when he should be making thin value bets. no one is bluff raising him and he bluffs the river constantly, but is happy to check down top pair and two pair when the board gets slightly scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I came to the thread to post about. Why make such a big deal about your bluffs if you aren't going to try to use that to make aggressive value bets? Hell, they didn't even look that aggressive.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM

so guys, should jamie gold be value betting his stronger hands on the river since he bluffs so much?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so guys, should jamie gold be value betting his stronger hands on the river since he bluffs so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but if it came runner runner 8s then they'd chop.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Every week Gabe Kaplan says something that just kills me. (This may be from last year I dunno, I just tivo them.)

The players were talking about the guys in the truck knowing the odds instantaneoulsy.

Gabe: "Yeah there's a guy in a truck, Gus. He's parked across the street at the Sunoco station. He figures out the odds right away."

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I just can't stop giggling at that.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

The end of the show were Gabe talks about bluffing in life, and brings up all the lying AJ did to get on the show and other things in his career. First time I laughed out loud watching this show.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Gabe so much.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFlolz