Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Live 1/2 300max QQ KQT flop

Ten handed table at the local riverboat. Effective stacks are around 300 (I have 300 ...villain has more). I am UTG+1 with QQ. I make it 13. Four callers, including Villain two seats to my left. Villain had been playing pretty passive..raises were always the minimum.

Flop KQT rainbow. I bet 35. He makes it 70. all others fold..back to me.

I thought it was possible he had a straight already..but that would have to be J9 or AJ. I was worried a little about a pair and a straight draw..something like KJ. Or two pair (eg KQ). No flush draw possibilities. Is calling bad here? If we raise, how much? Should I go ahead and push or is that overkill. I only have 217 after I call his raise and the pot is 192 at that time.

Thanks for the help.

Wisch
Old 04-03-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 300max QQ KQT flop

In a live game i push this, but you're going to see AJ here like always. No good options, calling sux, folding is even worse...at least you have good number of outs in teh worst case scenario!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 AM

Villain wants to play for stacks, so allow him too. Reraise or push (whichever will be viewed as weaker.) Some people view all ins as the stone nuts so if you reraise to 250 where you have 50 behind it will get more action from weaker depending on opponent.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain wants to play for stacks, so allow him too. Reraise or push (whichever will be viewed as weaker.) Some people view all ins as the stone nuts so if you reraise to 250 where you have 50 behind it will get more action from weaker depending on opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, this is so true in live play. Esp for the fish.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 AM

I agree with raise or all-in. You can't fold this, and calling gives him every advantage.

Where do you play? I'm in Lexington, so we go to Caesar's whenever we can -- not often enough, though.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 AM

This was at Aztar in Evansville. I live across the river in Henderson KY.

I was never really considering folding, and calling just felt horrible. Given the pot size, stack sizes and bet sizes, I couldnt find a happy medium raise so I pushed.

Villain thought for a while, which at the time made me feel pretty good. He called and flipped up J9 for the straight.

I felt good about the way I played it. I think you have to be willing to play for stacks at that point. If he has the straight reload and go at it again.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM

Push itall in. I have seen too many fish at the 1/2 table reraise with AK/AT in that spot.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:36 PM

yep sucks he had J9. Depending on the player, I don't know if pushing is best here. When a passive player raises, be scared. I don't think you're a huge favorite to his range here which i think is AJ,J9,KQ,KJ,TT

If you call flop, it sucks and it's scary but if an Ace hits the turn, and you check and he bets you know you can fold against a passive player. Otherwise you can check call and depending on how he bets it you can be sure he has you beat on the river and save some of your stack. You still have 200 behind which is a lot of bets, you hit the flop hard but not near the nuts, getting it in now is not really leet
Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 AM

Just push.