Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Harrah\'s AC trip report

I haven't seen a Harrah's AC trip report on here in a while so I thought I'd share. I usually play at Harrah's, and never see them get much props. Actually my trip report was two separate runs on Weds. and Sun.

We put our name on the list for 1/2 NL at about 10p on Weds. and although there was about 10 names, they called us one at a time and didn't open a new table. We finally got a seat after a modest 20 minute wait. The table was full of some regulars who played well and tourists who did not have a clue. I was impressed with the number of times we were offered drinks and how cool the dealers were. After about 2 hours of play I see-sawed up and down. I went up on a straight flush that i made to the Jc that did not make the high hand of the day, which would have netted me $200 in comp dollars...oh well. I think I ended down 40 bucks.

Sunday was more interesting. Arriving at noon, we lucked out with 4 seats available and 4 of us playing. We sat down to what had to be the tightest table ever. This was a patience table, because chasing was futile. A few dealers were a bit slow dealing, but again drink service was top notch. My hand of the day was holding A10o and the flop was A A 10. The tight wad table limped in 7 players and then checked around the flop. The turn was a J and finally I said $10 to go. I was very happy to be raised and re-raised. The river was a blank and after another re-raise and almost 150 dollar pot, I took it down to A9o and J7s. It was tight vs. tighter. I had the cards to net about 190 for the session...not bad considering.

All in all, very happy with the Harrah's "weekend".