Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: NL50: AQ against raiser on A flop

As played, what about making a bet on the river instead of checking. Maybe 1/2 psb..so about 5.00 or 5.50. Maybe even 1/3 psb...$3.50. Setting the price on the river. He may fold if he thinks you were on the draw. He probably only raises a made flush, so if he raises he has you. A worse A (AJ) may even look you up. Just a thought. I just dont like being at the mercy of his bet size decision on the river. I like the hand otherwise.

Wisch
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Cliff's Notes: RAISE SOMEWHERE. Anywhere. PF, F, lead the turn, or lead the river. Not doing that means we're all just guessing and, of course, villain's range is huge because we've done nothing to help define it. It could be anything from a made flush to AJ.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As played, the PSB after checking behind is a bizarre line for villain. Given your line, the 6d is more likely to help you than the villain, so if it's a bluff, it's an odd one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Villains flop bet looks to be a semi-bluff bet with his draw, hoping to take the pot down right there. The fact that he checked the turn is an indication that's he wants to take his chances with a free card to see if he makes his hand. The diamond on the turn is money and now villain is over betting to try to confuse OP and induce a call. I'd say villain played this hand very well, and would watch out for him in the future.

(Edit: Villain could also have AK. After the flop, he is betting to drive YOU out if you were on a draw, and the K on the turn is checked because he figures he can suck you in on the river if you have a weaker A. When you didn't bet the river, villain knew you didn't have a diamond and went for the overbet. )

[/ QUOTE ]

We're saying the same thing.. it's a little wierd to be a bluff, especially with the line Hero took. I'd need a read that Villain is a tard/aggro-nut to call.

Either way, put in a raise somewhere and don't put yourself into situations with no information. Big pot & TPGK = yuk.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

do you read what you write? This is so contradictory. Also, how the [censored] does a cbet scream draw to you? If you know that he has a draw after a cbet that is standard in every way for any hand he raise then you should be tearing up high stakes right now.

OP, I call the river. Also, I play it the same most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hostile much? Anyway, I was just giving advice on how I would read the hand. I then thought of another way hand could be read by villain's betting pattern, so I added that in as well. Either way, OP played this hand very badly as everyone but you seems to agree. Am I right? Are you? Who knows...That's what this forum is for: discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
then you should be tearing up high stakes right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an aside, how do you know what stakes I play? Don't assume...