Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's bound to be questions when you get caught cheating. Don't want to be doubted, don't cheat.

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brady and Moss are incapable of getting hurt, so I don't know what the point of this question is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss was hurt significant time each of the past 3seasons
Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brady and Moss are incapable of getting hurt, so I don't know what the point of this question is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss was hurt significant time each of the past 3seasons

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because he wasn't interested.

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 AM

I don't mind it, but I think it is hilarious that people are attempting to justify it by making posts like this
[ QUOTE ]

yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or Bill Simmons 889834894398443298 articles on the subject.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's bound to be questions when you get caught cheating. Don't want to be doubted, don't cheat.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

you've already admitted that you think many guys on the Colts are cheating by taking HGH. there are various rumors of the Colts piping in sound.

no need to take the high road here.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you've already admitted that you think many guys on the Colts are cheating by taking HGH. there are various rumors of the Colts piping in sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you find me that one, I remember saying a number and then saying "I really have no idea but you really seem to want an answer" or something similar, but I don't remember saying I knew (or had an honest guess) as to how many Colts (or NFL players in total) were cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
there are various rumors of the Colts piping in sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool. Psst, did you hear, Tom Brady is actually a Robot. There now there are rumors Tom Brady is a robot, effing cyber-cheater.

[ QUOTE ]
no need to take the high road here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not taking the high road, I'm just saying the same thing it's fairly likely you'd say if the roles were reversed. NE fans love their coach, yet if it was anyone elses coach they'd almost assuredly say "what a classless assbite, I don't care how good he is". Just like Sox's fans will Boo Arod in pinstripes but cheer him in Red, it's part of being a fan. It's not unexpected, but it's a far cry from objective.

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 09:32 AM

the point is that various organizations and players cheat. people have admitted it, and insiders have said so.

The Pats were the team that got caught. and for a few weeks this fall various people took this opportunity to act holier than thou and take pot shots at the organization for all kinds of things. Some of these people were cheaters themselves!

and that pissed the team off. the reality is almost certainly that what the Pats were doing was no worse than what lots of other teams were doing. but it is OUR accomplishments that our questioned, nobody elses, b/c we were the team that happened to get caught.

we coach better than you, we run the cap better than you, we collect better players than you, we win 3/4 SB's when everyone said it was impossible, and now you discount our achievements?

[censored] you, welcome to being embarrassed Wade Wilson.

if you think that's a sad justification, ok. but Belichick is a human and takes these insults very personally. if someone questioned everything I accomplished - when various other people were doing the same thing as me - you can bet I would lash back at them however I could.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:37 AM

If I was on Oakland, I'd fake an injury too
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we coach better than you, we run the cap better than you, we collect better players than you, we win 3/4 SB's when everyone said it was impossible, and now you discount our achievements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you just cheat better, who knows. You certainly don't (unless you haven't disclosed that you work for the NFL or a team therein). You're just taking your teams side and shaping the evidence and reality around that. That's cool, again not unexpected, I'd guess (and a part of me would hope) that I'd do the same thing.

EDIT: I don't think the Pats cheating helped them significantly, but the point is I (and you) just don't know.

For the record, I don't doubt your candor, basically saying "[censored] off, it's my hot body I do what I want" when people accuse your fav. team of running up the score, but I'm forced to ask, what would you say if the Colts were playing a cupcake schedule and going for it on 4th downs and running up the score?

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 09:46 AM

meh, as much as i hate to admit it, the pats run their team better than pretty much anyone out there, forget the cheating/enchacements (it can't get u 3/4 SB alone imo), it's not like they were the only team that was engaged in this kind of behavior