Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: step 1: get outta line. step 2: profit?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man he told you to c/r didn't he? I'm pretty sure that is the best play. It will go something like this in his head "sweet he must have A high" then after you c/r "wow I got pozzed" as he clicks the fold button completely demoralized by how you maximized value with your K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently the spewy, insane mike has died and been reincarnated as you.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking pocket pairs iniatially like all 3 reponders so far but then I thought a little more. Does he have 88 here Surf?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking 77ish for him. It's conceivable he could be cold calling with JTss/QTss etc with those numbers as well. As far as combos go you are likely beat, and he doesn't seem like the type to bluff missed spades, so I'd c/f the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Cold calls 77/88 OTB?

When i see his PF I wonder if he has been iso-3betting me but getting CC'd in the blinds too much (which no note of so, ignore). Then i say "did he have a hand he couldn't 3-bet, should have folded, so called" or "did he have a hand he should always 3-bet, but cc'd for deception"

So i usually think like suited connectors or KK.

That sound crazy? I think it makes more sense than 88. I haven't been cold called OTB w/88 by a guy like this since like 2002.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking pocket pairs iniatially like all 3 reponders so far but then I thought a little more. Does he have 88 here Surf?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking 77ish for him. It's conceivable he could be cold calling with JTss/QTss etc with those numbers as well. As far as combos go you are likely beat, and he doesn't seem like the type to bluff missed spades, so I'd c/f the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Cold calls 77/88 OTB?

When i see his PF I wonder if he has been iso-3betting me but getting CC'd in the blinds too much (which no note of so, ignore). Then i say "did he have a hand he couldn't 3-bet, should have folded, so called" or "did he have a hand he should always 3-bet, but cc'd for deception"

So i usually think like suited connectors or KK.

That sound crazy? I think it makes more sense than 88. I haven't been cold called OTB w/88 by a guy like this since like 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right actually, this makes alot of sense. I don't think he has a PP hardly ever, unless he's been playing NL lately or something.

Surf
Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man he told you to c/r didn't he? I'm pretty sure that is the best play. It will go something like this in his head "sweet he must have A high" then after you c/r "wow I got pozzed" as he clicks the fold button completely demoralized by how you maximized value with your K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently the spewy, insane mike has died and been reincarnated as you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd.

Mike said c-c? I guess FDs that should have 3bet or folded pre and called for whatever reason make more sense than anything else?

Surf
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM

I think the flop 3bet is bad, he's never folding a pocket pair. He knows that you are gonna think he is FOS a lot so he probably expects you to 3bet light. I would call the flop raise, call a nonspade turn and nonspade river.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM

in my games (10/20 - 15/30) they always seem to have kjo/qjo when they coldcall me there. dunno if that's cuz im an overly loose mega-implied odds doling fish though...
Old 10-11-2007, 04:59 PM

I really hate a river check raise. If he does fold and your getting all excited because you outplayed him you are kidding yourself , your hand was good. Only hands I see him bet/folding are busted draws in which case check calling or betting work the same.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM

I also don't see this guy having a hand like 55-88 very often here. That would really be uncharacterstic for a tag with these stats to just cold call the button with those hands.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 PM

Ok- not sure how this guy thinks but given the strength your showing if I was villian I would be really surprised to see you try and check raise me here on the river. Therefore, I would find your line fishy and prob have to call you on river with any hands I was value betting.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM

On this board its pretty easy, we pick up the gutshot on the turn so we're never folding before river, and then we get there and we beat like every XY of spades.

I'd like to amend and now say I think check/fold is a bit better than check/raise pretty much because of what dangerfish said.

I hope Mike L. said check/fold, it makes decent sense and makes HOWMANY the spew look silly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey