Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Default I found the next Gus Hansen..or maybe not.

Playing in a live MTT, some guy comes out of the gate betting very aggressively pushing people out of pots and showing his hand every time with cards like J7 off and 98 off. he wins the first 3-4 hands ina row making his stack very heatlhy in the process. Someone makes the comment "If he wins like that now imagine if he ever gets a real hand"

He immediately snaps back with "Every hand is a real hand"

He then gets involved in a 4-way pot that was raised and re-raised pre-flop. On an 6,7,8 flop two people went all-in. As the third person ponders calling, the maniac is begging him not to call. After he does call the maniac puts him all in too and they turn over the cards.

First push: QQ
Second push: 99
Third caller: A9
Maniac: A8

A 10 hits the turn and the 99 and A9 split the pot.

Next hand, I'm in the BB and there is a middle position raise in front of me and a call by the maniac. Looking down and finding pocket nines, I push trying to get the original raiser out of the pot. He calls and the maniac calls as well with 4-6 of spades. Orignal caller has pocket Qs, but I suck out with nine on the turn knocking the maniac out of the tourney.

The moral of the story is, every hand is a real hand, but not every real hand is a good hand.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Re: I found the next Gus Hansen..or maybe not.

Thanks. If you dream you had a hand and it's like a really vivid dream and you think you're there playing and you're all excited about winning and shaking and stuff is it a real hand in your dream, even though your dream isn't real?
How about when you wake up?

Note: I would post it but couldn't get HH
Old 05-20-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: I found the next Gus Hansen..or maybe not.

hard to out play someone with 46 if you're calling an all in