Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

1. I don't know what I would have done if Antonio raised me on the flop or turn on the hand where I flopped bottom two. Frankly, I wasn't sharp because I was tired after playing late the night before and losing several hundred thousand. I thought the King and Queen on the turn and river were perfect cards for me, since I thought Antonio had limped with an Ace suited.

2. After the flush hand with Doyle and Jamie, Dolye leaned over and asked me what I thought Jamie had. I told him I thought Jamie had an Ace high straight. When Doyle told me he could beat that, I told him I wouldn't have folded. Doyle said, "I know by the way Jamie was acting that he thought he had the nuts, but I hope he didn't misjudge his own strength." Later when Jamie tells Doyle what he had, Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make.

3. The shirt wasn't mine. They wouldn't let me wear the sweater I brought because it had an embroidered PokerStars logo. I had to get another shirt or wear black tape like Patrik did. The shirt I wore was the only one they had in the gift shop.

Barry
Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 AM

I still don't like Doyle's fold. Maybe it is because I was so excited about seeing Jamie get stacked when that spade hit.

Question though: Isn't Gold a big enough moran to play the 2s3s (his 'favourite' hand), or ANY baby flush like it was the nuts?

Yeh Doyle made a great read in that he sensed Jamie was certain he had the best hand, but shouldn't Doyle also know Gold is a retard and would think any flush here is a lock?

I dunno depends how bad Gold really is and how bad Doyle thinks he is.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I don't know what I would have done if Antonio raised me on the flop or turn on the hand where I flopped bottom two. Frankly, I wasn't sharp because I was tired after playing late the night before and losing several hundred thousand. I thought the King and Queen on the turn and river were perfect cards for me, since I thought Antonio had limped with an Ace suited.

2. After the flush hand with Doyle and Jamie, Dolye leaned over and asked me what I thought Jamie had. I told him I thought Jamie had an Ace high straight. When Doyle told me he could beat that, I told him I wouldn't have folded. Doyle said, "I know by the way Jamie was acting that he thought he had the nuts, but I hope he didn't misjudge his own strength." Later when Jamie tells Doyle what he had, Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make.

3. The shirt wasn't mine. They wouldn't let me wear the sweater I brought because it had an embroidered PokerStars logo. I had to get another shirt or wear black tape like Patrik did. The shirt I wore was the only one they had in the gift shop.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno barry, you are awfully magnanimous to share some of your perspectives with all tards that troll around in these dank forums. i guess 2+2 is your second charity?

BTW- what are you doing up so late?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno barry, you are awfully magnanimous to share some of your perspectives with all tards that troll around in these dank forums. i guess 2+2 is your second charity?

BTW- what are you doing up so late?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with everything except for the last stalking sentence.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle said, "I know by the way Jamie was acting that he thought he had the nuts, but I hope he didn't misjudge his own strength ." Later when Jamie tells Doyle what he had, Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, so Doyle was right on the mark. Thanks for the post Barry!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 AM

Man Jman's a nit.

I don't think he played a single hand tonight.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 AM

I, too, think that folding the flush was really bad.

Gold has either:

A. The nut flush (QsXs)
B. A "baby" to mid-range flush
C. Straight

He doesn't have a set/2 pair here ever. And he never has JsXs either as well, cause Jamie loves pair+fd and would have bet the flop with those.

Honestly, I don't know what I would have done if I was Doyle. I definitely wouldn't have folded the turn. I don't know how good Jamie is at making laydowns, but if he's terrible at it, I'd shove the turn and get snap-called by all flushes.

Another way to play it is call, and then call Jamie's 150-200k on river (fold if he pushes all-in, because this is the only play I'd think he'd make if he had the nut flush).
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man Jman's a nit.

I don't think he played a single hand tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you listen really, really carefully you can hear Jman's voice in the background whispering "fold, fold" in the Brunson Vs Gold flush hand.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 AM

i canīt believe doyle folded. he knows that jamie is retarded and that he would play a 3s2s like it was the nuts in that spot. plus heīs giving that huge speech about how he wants to bluff everyone out of huge pots etc - i havenīt heard him do this on high stakes poker when he really had the nuts. plus thereīs only two hands that beat him and jamie doesnīt have to have it. i really wouldīve loved to see doyle call the turn and jamie donk it all off on a non-spade, non-pairing river.

have to admit iīm partisan though. i really wouldīve loved to see someone take down this monkey as brutally as possible and shut him off once and for all.

seeing jamie lose at 1,5 mill. pot to benyamine, crying like a baby while david goes on like nothing happened really wouldīve been my favourite, but doyle doing this to him wouldīve been nr. 2 on my list.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Thank you Barry for your insights. The shirt wasn't that bad actually.

The Gold vs. Doyle hand is really interesting. What's funny is that Gabe predicted Gold would make a speech on the turn before raising, and he did. (Okay so maybe Gabe knew beforehand, doesn't matter.) That speech screamed "I got the nuts" and Doyle read that perfectly.

Now the question is, what does Gold consider to be "the nuts"? What has not been mentioned here so far is that he doesn't seem to analyse Doyle's possible holdings very much. The chance that Doyle has a made flush as well is not on his mind at all.
So I think it is possible that Gold might overrate a baby-flush or even, as Barry thought, a broadway straight. We have seen Gold play hands like 53s all the time, and it was a limped pot here.

Still, it really was a "nuts" speech by him. So maybe a 5-high flush speech would sound differently lol.
And even if Doyle put Gold on a wider range, I have no idea what the best play would be then, as I don't play deep-stacked poker very often.

Great episode either way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]