Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: 5/10 vs kmoney, explain something to me

some confusing typos there tagtastic, but nice post.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:05 PM

as a side note, what hands do you guys think my line is good with? any? (J9, AJ, KQ, QT, QJ, JT, A3, 56 etc.)
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM

imo in this hand he used leveraging of stack sizes and pf+flop ranges well whereas you tried to rep a potentially great hand on the flop on an impossible flop to do so given your pf flat call/non-rr which eliminated you flopping a set, top 2 pair, or high straight/AJ.

given he knew you didnt have any of those, and he knew given he was pf raiser he could represent that, especially given 120bb deep, he knew whatever his cards were you would likely fold.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo in this hand he used leveraging of stack sizes and pf+flop ranges well whereas you tried to rep a potentially great hand on the flop on an impossible flop to do so given your pf flat call/non-rr which eliminated you flopping a set, top 2 pair, or high straight/AJ.

given he knew you didnt have any of those, and he knew given he was pf raiser he could represent that, especially given 120bb deep, he knew whatever his cards were you would likely fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Hero has a history of c/r'ing air, His range of non-made hands consists of Pair + draw. Nobody c/r's a Big draw then folds. Given this range, Villan cannot expect Hero to fold.

Interestingly enough, Hero's hand is about the only reasonable holding that could find a fold after c/r'ing.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody c/r's a Big draw then folds

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand here would constitute a big draw? JK is the only contender but i still wouldn't enjoy it. JQ, TJ you could be in trouble. given he didnt reraise pf that leaves KT or QT and both are terrible hands here to get all the chips in.

fwiw, i'd make villain's reraise so often on the flop. i don't care that jfish is check-raising becuase i know, unless he has 9J, he doesn't have anything special, and i know that if i reraise on flop he knows i could have him crushed. obv got to do it in the correct time of flow of the game, but if my

[ QUOTE ]
calling range is way wider than his (my) 3betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

then im def 3betting rags here.

anyways, as for line, i think check-call. not a fan of any line here, being the caller pf, oop on a huge flop generally sucks.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:14 PM

Reasons why it could be good is I'm pretty sure kmoney is cbetting a pretty wide range (K9, QJ, TJ, Q9, etc) and jfish's read was that he felt at the time that kmoney's calling range of his c/r is wide.

And since it is going to be very unlikely to get much value out of the above hands after the flop (doubt he is betting those hands on turn often at all if jfish c/c flop or calling the river when turn checks through), then the flop is where jfish is going to get most of his value for the hand.

A lot of people are talking about stacking off, but once he calls the c/r, I would very rarely be putting anymore money in the pot.

It still may not be the best line but I could see how it could be.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:58 PM

I think many people can do this with JT/QJ/JJ and just be ready to roll vs whatever you have, especially if you've been checkraising a lot lately. This is a spot where I think you just have to lead if you don't know how to react to his 3 bet of your CR. So now that I've said what everyone else said, there ya go.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM

he's a nit 25/20 player. j/k

but I havnt played a ton with him but when I have he seems not to get out of line, so flop I would fold.

with your image, c/r and stacking off on turn is prob. bad imo
Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 PM

looks good jfish

not in love with the line but given you took it, you played it best
Old 11-04-2007, 12:26 AM

I'm coming in late on this, but I really don't like this either. I don't know why, jfish, but no one ever thinks you have anything, so people wind up doing stupid things here against you (or at least they do against me), also your hand is about as strong as it could be here other than the few times you cold call out of the blinds with a big pair, so he could actually be deciding to take a stand with a worse hand than yours. That said, its definately not profitable to call his flop 3 bet after a check raise, and if he gets it in on the turn, I still think you are behind his range here.

It makes it a little better that its against kmoney, because he seems really straightforward postflop, but i think you lose value against worse hands here and occasionally get pushed off the best hand.

Against kmoney, i don't like a lead too much, but I like a check/call, on the flop and figure out what to do based on the turn card, with the posibility of a stop and go on a blank, but probably another check, and if he checks behind value betting the river.