Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: 5/10 vs kmoney, explain something to me

say he calls the flop c/r. pot $425. jfish bets $325 on turn, guy moves in for $700 more ish. is this an easy decision?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

i would always call that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]..
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
say he calls the flop c/r. pot $425. jfish bets $325 on turn, guy moves in for $700 more ish. is this an easy decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, fold. the thing about this hand is, this c/r is pretty much turning jfish's hand into a bluff. however, the other options are worse and the c/r is probably +ev.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I would never fold a blank turn though.

Edit: Changed my mind. Easy call.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok that makes sense to me.

what do you think the best line is here? c/c lead? b/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok the best way i can explain my thoughts about this hand sound a bit simplistic and patronising, but whatever.....

With that flop texture we have a medium strength hand and as such we really want to be playing a medium sized pot. If all the money goes in against a sane opponent we are obviously in big trouble.

The problem with the flop check raise is that we immediatly build the medium sized pot we are looking for, but still have 2 more streets to play, and oop to boot. Thus I think we need to control the pot size in a slower, more controlled manner.

There are a variety of ways this can be achieved. For example, against an aggro monkey we could bluff catch. However, against this opponent it is probably going to involving donking somewhere. He is likely betting the flop very often so I would probably c/c flop and then lead turn so that he cannot take a free card with a pair+draw.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok that makes sense to me.

what do you think the best line is here? c/c lead? b/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok the best way i can explain my thoughts about this hand sound a bit simplistic and patronising, but whatever.....

With that flop texture we have a medium strength hand and as such we really want to be playing a medium sized pot. If all the money goes in against a sane opponent we are obviously in big trouble.

The problem with the flop check raise is that we immediatly build the medium sized pot we are looking for, but still have 2 more streets to play, and oop to boot. Thus I think we need to control the pot size in a slower, more controlled manner.

There are a variety of ways this can be achieved. For example, against an aggro monkey we could bluff catch. However, against this opponent it is probably going to involving donking somewhere. He is likely betting the flop very often so I would probably c/c flop and then lead turn so that he cannot take a free card with a pair+draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This means we fold to a raise?!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks bad to me, rly bad

[/ QUOTE ]
i actually agree with a e here, this play looks like ten types of terrible. The problem is that the information your getting from your c/r isnt gunna be accurate all the time. I dont knwo the villian that well but if hes good hell make this play as a bluff sometimes, making u fold the best hand
Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM

As played I fold.

However, I'd never play it that way. The only reason I'd c/r here is because I think he'll stack off with less, and unless you guys have some crazy history together I don't think he will.

I think the best options on the flop are c/c or lead. Since I basically never lead in HU raised pots, I'd c/c and lead a blank turn. You lead reasonably often, so that'd be a viable option here imo. The only problem with leading is that it can induce bluff raises which works against the idea of keeping the pot small and trying to see more cards cheaply.

I don't think you should be as concerned with getting max value out of something you beat in this hand. On this board vs. this opponent I don't think he's gonna be paying off big with anything you beat. When you raise on this flop after calling pf, your range becomes pretty transparent imo, basically KQ/KT/QT/J9/maayybe TT/bluff, and someone like kmoney simply isn't gonna make very many mistakes given that information. If you c/c or lead the flop he could definitely call down or keep firing w/ less though.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM

I think u have about 45-55% equity, depending on how he plays a straight, a lone K and JJ.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM

i odntl ike the way you played this, but given your line fold is fine.