Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 PM

Default QQ Deep vs Ph1LLeDINGUE

OK...this hand I don't think is particularly deep in the ways of thought process, bit its still a [censored] spot to be in. Talked it over with Isura for a bit and we kinda agreed on the best line. Just want to check what you guys think too.

For those of you who don't know, Ph1LLeDINGUE multitables 10/20 and does so VERY well. He's down at $200NL to just have some fun and splash around. He's playing at 75/55/4. He's reckless preflop but is playing semi-properly postflop. He's making loads of moves...triple barrelling....thin calls...thin bets and loads of bluffs. He's on quite a few tables with me and he's running over most the tables until some1 picks up a semi-decent hand and then usually stacks phil.

If he's paying attention, he probably views me as weak tight. Up to this point, we've played 3 hands of note. One one I flop top set and we get AI on the flop. He has the NFD and hits. In another, I raise QJ preflop. I flop top 2 and call him down the whole way (he bet pot on all streets. He had bottom pair on flop and picked up 2 pair on turn). The 3rd hand came only a few hands ago. I felt he was giving me a bit too much respect, so I reraised him preflop with J9s. Flop comes JTx and I lead flop and turn. River is an ace and its checked through and his AQ wins.

SOOOOOO......Whats my plan for this hand?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $402.30
UTG+1: $756.40
CO: $648.12
Button: $191
SB: $196
Hero: $526

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $9</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $37</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($86, 2 players)

Hero?????

EDIT: His range for calling my preflop re-raise is probably pretty damn huge considering he has position and we are deep
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: QQ Deep vs Ph1LLeDINGUE

Wow, this is a total junk spot. If he views you as weak tight an AKx board hits basically all of your re-raising range. I think you can bet $70 and fold if he raises? I doubt he is putting a move on a weak-tight player on this board.

I am very interested to see what others say.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Yeah, your hand is pretty much a bluff at this point, I think you just have to cbet and fold to a raise. The pot's big enough already that I want to win it, but I don't want to stack off obviously.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:24 PM

bet 50-60 and fold to a repop.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 PM

i agree with the last two posters, i would bet $65ish here and fold to a raise.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 PM

to those saying lead (the last 3 posters) are you c/f the turn?

Just to make it clear, he is VERY VERY easily capable of raising flop with air every now and then and VERY VERY VERY capable of floating
Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 PM

haha, i was table selecting tonight and happened to open up this table*, and i am pretty sure i saw this hand (thought you were squeezing, didn't know you had such a big hand).

anyway, i agree with cbloom. your hand is a bluff now, you have no showdown value. i'd throw out a normal continuation bet (i think you can get away with betting as little as 55-60 because he'd probably think you were milking AAA/KKK) and shut down after that.

*note: i did not get on the waiting list. i found better tables. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to those saying lead (the last 3 posters) are you c/f the turn?

Just to make it clear, he is VERY VERY easily capable of raising flop with air every now and then and VERY VERY VERY capable of floating

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, cf turn. fold flop to a raise. your hand is pretty much air now. if you want to play rock/paper/scissors with him with air, go ahead.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 PM

c/r the flop and be done with the hand if called.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c/r the flop and be done with the hand if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. If he is capable a floating and or raising the flop here with air, I don't see what we gain by leading here.