Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 11:16 PM

Default BBV: HEADS UP!

Check this [censored] out BBV...
Old 05-25-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Re: BBV: HEADS UP!

rofl
Old 05-25-2006, 11:32 PM

Outstanding.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:38 PM

Lmao priceless, nh!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:38 PM

LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 PM

Some of you BBV guys should get on a HU .01/.02 table at stars, buy in for $5, and keep minraising each other. Screenshots are necessary.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:53 PM

CO makes an expert fold.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:09 AM

You guys really just don't understand the deep level thinking that went on during this hand. As I said in the other thread, I was the villain in this hand. Myself and PokerjokerAA (the hero in the hand) are regulars at the .01/.02 game on UB.

I have over 20k hands logged of his play. He plays a LAG style with stats of 95.7/87.4/5.0. I play a solid TAG game with stats 81.1/64.5/3.4. I was holding 6d3d and Pokerjoker had been raising all day. I knew it was time to play back at him so I went for the strongest-looking raise possible, the min-reraise. My thought process continued on the flop, plus I had a solid backdoor flush draw. I figured he would give up eventually, but his LAG side wouldn't let him stop.

He played the hand fairly well except for the river bet. We both had the same stack, thus the .03 river bet was putting me all in. He could have value bet min for .02 because my thinking was that his thinking was that I would think that a .02 bet was a bluff trying to look strong, when it was really a value bet trying to look weak. The .03 bet allowed me to think that his thinking was that I was thinking that he would think he was making an overbet all-in bluff, but I knew this was his thought process so I folded to his value bet. I would have had to call a .02 bet for the possiblity that he had a backdoor flushdraw on the flp with two cards &lt;8 and we would chop, and for pot odds.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really just don't understand the deep level thinking that went on during this hand. As I said in the other thread, I was the villain in this hand. Myself and PokerjokerAA (the hero in the hand) are regulars at the .01/.02 game on UB.

I have over 20k hands logged of his play. He plays a LAG style with stats of 95.7/87.4/5.0. I play a solid TAG game with stats 81.1/64.5/3.4. I was holding 6d3d and Pokerjoker had been raising all day. I knew it was time to play back at him so I went for the strongest-looking raise possible, the min-reraise. My thought process continued on the flop, plus I had a solid backdoor flush draw. I figured he would give up eventually, but his LAG side wouldn't let him stop.

He played the hand fairly well except for the river bet. We both had the same stack, thus the .03 river bet was putting me all in. He could have value bet min for .02 because my thinking was that his thinking was that I would think that a .02 bet was a bluff trying to look strong, when it was really a value bet trying to look weak. The .03 bet allowed me to think that his thinking was that I was thinking that he would think he was making an overbet all-in bluff, but I knew this was his thought process so I folded to his value bet. I would have had to call a .02 bet for the possiblity that he had a backdoor flushdraw on the flp with two cards &lt;8 and we would chop, and for pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

that explaination is just as complicated as the action depicted in the hand. nice job
Old 05-26-2006, 01:48 AM

"Sometimes you just know you're beat, and have to lay it down..."