Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]
Edit:I'd like to know also how people manage 75000 hands a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

People play 12-16 tables on the internets. Welcome.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM

40 buy-ins, drop limits if you loose 5-7 buy-ins.

Ship pussy
Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Random Thhoughts:

This is for 6-max NL midstakes:
If you seriously own the stakes you play 15-20 BIs are enough.
I prefer 20-25 for psychological reasons.
I never keep more than 20 online.

If you struggle from time to time and have experienced some 12+ BI downswings you should consider to move down to the point were your winrate is high/solid enough or tighten up your bankroll requirements.

25k hands is the minimum you should log per month

Make sure you have an emergency roll. Expenses for the next 3 months and about 7.5k to grind it out on nl200.
Another 5k for other unexpected expenses are also reasonable.

Most important issue imo is you should ensure that you stay 100% fearless! If you need 150 BIs than keep 150 BIs...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Yesterday for example I played 3600 hands in 6.5h and that's why I have a hard time understanding how someone goes pro playing only 6300 hands.
I have 20k-30k losing/break even stretches which for you would mean that you were losing/breakeven for the month. That's not something I'd be comfortable with.

Anyway, regarding your bankroll I suggest erring on the (far) side of caution. Playing with only 20-30 BIs if your long term livelihood depends on it is imho irresponsible.
If you play 2/4, need 4k/month and have a breakeven month you need to deduct 10 BIs (6.5BI@NL600) from your bankroll.
Now consider what happens to your bankroll in a bad month.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

I've played like 15k hands/month this year...
Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no way that only 15 2/4 players are making 10 buyins a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM

What sites are you playing on where you only average 70hands/hr? Is this full ring? Even playing full ring and having 4 tables running you should be getting much more than 70 hands/hr. I'm a full time grad student, so I don't have as much time as I would if I was playing full time, but 8 tabling I can get in about 30k hands a month on average. If you want to be a full time pro I suggest that you learn how to get more hands in per hour. The more hands you get in, the more money you can make.

As far as your working buy in, I think that that depends on the player. I have about 40k online, and play anywhere from 2-4nl to 5/10nl, so it is in a sense a 100 buyin bankroll. But I'm also live in the states, and I find that it's much easier for me to get money off the net than having to deposit money on. So that's why I like to keep this safety net for myself. But if you can easily move money around, there's really no reason why you should keep that much online.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't my meaning that I thought no one played this many hands a month. I am well aware that they are people who play so many games. I'm just intrigued and I admire those who can manage this and wanted to gain some insight into how they managed to do it.

I don't think most players even winning ones can do this at 2/4 nl and above and still maintain a decent bb/100 but to reiterate I know there are those talented few that can do this. Obviously for those that can play that many 75000 hands a month is a piece of cake. For me personally I think I would struggle a lot to play over 4 tables at a go. I would certainly need to tighten up my game by a few % points. But maybe that's exactly what I need to do.

I do think I can manage 7 or 8 sngs at once however and possibly more, so I might very well give more attention to them.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM

i 12 tabled nl200 its fairly hard (without super table selection) for me to play more than 8 at 2,4 if that helps

i wouldnt bother asking about people who play more than 8 much higher above 2,4 bc they are sick and they cant pass on a how its done to you...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM

I find that 8 is the most that I can do without going nuts. I think that you should start 4 tabling and then as you get more comfortable, add another table and see how that goes. Though, I find that I do autopilot sometimes and this may heart my winrate, but since I'm seeing more hands per hour, my bottom line is higher.

Also, if you're able to play all the European sites, I think that you can probably do a bunch of good table selection and just look for spots where you can take money off fish. I think that at first you should just make a conscious effort to stay out of marginal spots against regulars and just look to capitalize with situations against the fish. Then as you get more comfortable with the amount of tables that you have, you can start playing back against the regulars. Plus if the regulars are also on a lot of the tables that you're playing, it's not as hard to adjust.