Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Default For noob eyes only

Any vets, please refrain from posting here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The people that do post, please do so prior to reading any previous responses (AKA Grunching) as to not be affected by anyone elses comments/reasoning.

Villians are a bit unknown as we only have 5 or so hands on them..but Button has been aggro so far and shown down TPGK in KJo (raised UTG) and CO just took two bad beats in a row the previous hands against 2 outers.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="blue">Hero ???</font>

Please explain you decision.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: For noob eyes only

Hero calls.

1. CO may be on tilt so his hand selection is suspect.
2. Button's raise may be a blind steal so his range of hands could be very light.
3. Hero's hand most likely is live with a flush and straight draw against Button's if he really has a hand.
4. Hero is getting 4.5 to 1 if CO calls and if CO is on tilt will probably call.
5. Hero's hand will be somewhat easy to play postflop if Hero misses the flop but could be well disguised if he hits it.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM

herroo does indedd call
Old 07-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Clear fold.
We are going to be OOP against a potential tilter and an aggressor. It will probably be a 3-way pot which I would consider the margin at which I play small suited connectors for the implied odds, but under these circumstances, I definitely fold.
If I took 2 bad beats in a row, I'd go on aggressive tilt rather than loose tilt, which is what CO is doing; open-limping. Button is isolating, and I think our hand is far too weak to go with here.

Fold. Fold. Fold.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:19 PM

I'd call. This looks like the button is trying to isolate the CO who, after a couple of bad beats, might be going into weak/tight mode. This is perfect for an aggro player in position. I'd like to spoil the party with my stealth 56s.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 PM

I'm folding.

Reasons:
-There are few players in the hand, so if we make a big hand like a flush or straight we don't figure to win as much as if there were more players.

-We will often flop just a small pair. A pair or fives or sixes will often still be behind and even when it's best on the flop, our opponents still have outs to beat us.

-Not only do we have poor absolute position, we have poor relative position too. If it went CO raised, Button cold-called, we could check raise a big draw or a good flop, aloowing us to trap a player for an extra bet. Here our best hope is to donk bet a good flop, which isn't as profitable.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Grunch as instructed

I call here with a drawing hand because if I hit an OE or FD on the flop then I will <u>at least</u> get good odds to call a flop bet and see if I draw to my hand on the turn.

That being said, I don't play short handed.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 PM

I don't know if I'm considered a vet or not, but I still have things to learn so I'll be a noob today.

Call and see the flop. I would play this for one bet in late position. Assuming CO also calls the raise, you are getting 4.5:1 odds. Excellent odds for suited connectors.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'm considered a vet or not, but I still have things to learn so I'll be a noob today.

Call and see the flop. I would play this for one bet in late position. Assuming CO also calls the raise, you are getting 4.5:1 odds. Excellent odds for suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some extra time since dinner wasn't ready yet and went back and played with poker stove after I posted this. I just did it for curiosity's sake to see if the statistics actually backed up what I posted.

Forget the issue of whether or not people are on tilt and might be playing crazy hands. I did this conservatively and assumed CO was limping with default limping hands in late position and that button was raising w/ default raising hands in late position. Both from the Tight game chart. Results were:

CO: Wins 27%
Button: Wins 46%
Hero: Wins 27%

So, the odds of us winning this hand are approximately 3.7:1 and the pot is laying us 4.5:1 so we have the equity to call here. Additionally, we will typically have pretty easy post flop decisions as we are not likely to be dominated with this hand.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Grunch

I fold. I don't think the read is strong enough to make a non-ABC play, and 56s just looks crushed. Without a flush, this hand probably wont hold up, and it is unlikely to produce alot if it does hit. It's even possible that someone beats our baby flush with Ax or Kx.