Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Beat: awkward roommate situation.. BBV4L, what\'s my play?

What it do BBV4L, my first OP so sorry if it sucks but I would appreciate any advice anyone has for me on this matter, hopefully some of you have experience with this type of thing.

I share a townhouse with two other guys and a girl, all three of them are former coworkers of mine, and all of them moved in within the past two months. They still work together, but I left because our boss was a douche, I'm starting my graduate studies, and only need a part-time gig to pay the bills, rent, etc.

One of the guy roommates and the girl roommate are hooking up and basically starting to become a couple. We will call them "Joe" and "Jane". This is cause for concern for a couple reasons:

1. Joe's most recent living situation dissolved because he and his girlfriend at the time got an apartment together waaay too early in the relationship, so she moved out shortly after and he was stuck paying the ridiculously high rent all by himself for the remainder of the lease.

2. Jane had moved in with me about two months before the other two guys, and during that time, there was a different girl living in the room that Joe was to occupy. Jane made it clear that she was attracted to the other girl (and me, incidentally) and proposed an arrangement where they could be roommates but still hook up. We both refused her offer, because first of all I think its weird, and secondly Jane is not my type at all.

So with this information, also given the fact that Joe and Jane work together, I see a definate time limit on this little relationship. Being the only person on the lease, I am concerned that one day with little or no warning I will be scrambling to find one or two new roommates because Jane is a sloot and Joe can't keep it in his pants.

I haven't said a thing to them about this, and the other roommate is casually indifferent. Should I preempt this disruption of harmony in my living situation by just looking for new roommates? (This would be easy, as I live within 2 miles of the biggest university in Virginia and the rent is 1400/mo divided 4 ways).

Or, should I just turn a blind eye and just let them do whatever and worry about my own self and just cross the bridge when/if it comes?

Cliffs notes

Beat: roommates hooking up, possibly dating, wtf, awkward!

Brag: my rent is only 350/month, so i can put up with alot.

Variance: i just think its weird.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Beat: awkward roommate situation.. BBV4L, what\'s my play?

pix
Old 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM

of what?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM

PFB wants pix of the girls, for personal reasons.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:27 PM

trust me, she's not really very attractive plus i don't have a digital camera.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or, should I just turn a blind eye and just let them do whatever and worry about my own self and just cross the bridge when/if it comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the easiest scenario since you dont gotta do [censored]. If you really think [censored] is gonna hit the fan, then you should begin looking for replacements in the next few months.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the easiest scenario since you dont gotta do [censored]. If you really think [censored] is gonna hit the fan, then you should begin looking for replacements in the next few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking because I'm not super good friends with my roommates, they are just roommates who i trust to pay rent on time and not burn the house down.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PFB wants pix of the girls, for personal reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, pics of joe ldo
Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking because I'm not super good friends with my roommates, they are just roommates who i trust to pay rent on time and not burn the house down.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they pay rent on time, just wait till [censored] hits the fan? it probably will all end in shambles you are right, but i dont really understand what your immediate concern here is since you live in primo location.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM

this may seem to obvious, but force them to cosign so they can't leave you up a creek?