Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s racist comments

[ QUOTE ]
The moon is made of cheese. It has been settled. I asserted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only asserted my personal belief that Paul is a racist, that is based upon the FACTS I provided in the OP.

In refuting my belief....RonPaulNation has asserted the FACTS as being debunked, simply through wishful thinking and constant assertion....ironically as you claim I am doing.

The facts are the facts. They have not been disproven or debunked or have they changed. They don't definitively prove Paul to be a racist, they merely suggest the possibility, I acknowledged that... but based upon those facts, I drew the conclusion that Paul is a racist.

RonPaulNation...however....refuses to even acknowledge the facts through constant assertion that is not based upon anything other than blind devotion to their prophet.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The author is considering that 85% are criminals because they were arrested. No one with common sense would label someone merely arrested a criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this so much I don't even know how to begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, according to ItalianFX, anyone given a citation is said to be "arrested". Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket, parking ticket, or other citation? Are you a criminal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, someone who is speeding or parking incorrectly has broken the law and is therefor a criminal.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cliff notes anyone?
Is the man racist or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

The comments most definately are, and Ron Paul is most definately responsibly for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, let me ask you this much:

1. Do you think the newsletter expresses racist views, or has racist comments?

2. Do you think Ron Paul is responsible for the newsletter?

Rather than just go on my assertion alone...let's discuss it....
Old 10-11-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it's obviously hyperbole, and whatever you might think of hyperbole, hyperbole isn't racism

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly can be. I don't know why you would think that hyperboly couldn't be racism.

For the record, I don't think this is obviously hyperbole. Why do you think it is?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ONLY reason I am still participating here is because I find it fascinating how many people are trying to justify the statements as not-racist and are only racist to the PC police.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is rather amazing, isn't it?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a "criminal" when you are convicted of a "crime", not when you are arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you commit a crime and are never arrested, are you a criminal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhm, someone who is speeding or parking incorrectly has broken the law and is therefor a criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a couple of things. Do you think that was the point that was being made in the article. 95% of black males in DC are criminals because they have gotten a speeding ticket?

Second,
breaking the law =/= committing a crime. Crimes are a smaller subset of "the law." No need to get overly technical, but traffic violations are, generally, not crimes.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The comments most definately are, and Ron Paul is most definately responsibly for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone simply lays out the facts, how can you not agree? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oxsley, which assertion do you disagree with, that the comments were racist, or that Ron Paul is responsible for them?

Or are you only interested in sarcastic rhetorical questions to dismiss the point rather than engaging in legitimate discussion to refute it?

Serious question...let's discuss it now that we have it pinned down.

1. Do you think the comments in the newsletter are racist?

2. Do you think Ron Paul is responsible for them?

I say yes to both, hence my assertion. If you disagree, let's discuss why.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, don't you think that 95% of people in GENERAL are "semi-criminal or criminal?"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but let's assume that the author of the article does. Wouldn't it take a racist who believes that 95% of people are criminal to point out only that 95% of black people are criminal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not, because if the author really does believe that then the statements are surely racist. It's entirely reasonable though for the author to believe something like that there are a lot more criminals than people who get arrested, even if all those arrested aren't criminals.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 PM

How many people can claim they are truly not racist. I know I'm racist. Ive got good friends of every creed and color, but if I see two Mexicans walking down the street towards me at night, I tense up just a bit. Is that unfair to them, absolutely it is. Should I tense up, of course not. It happens anyway. Thats racism. I don't intend it. But, I'm not going to apologize for it either.

Do I make off color jokes, sure and I laugh at jokes about my race. Should we make them, no probably not. I'm not going to change either.

Anyone who promotes diversity is racist. You are separating races and that is inherently racist. Is it wrong, I don't think so.

Ron Paul probably is a bit racist, so be it. Will he do anything adverse towards blacks? I would guess not. Will he still make a good candidate, I think so. He may have a minor flaw, but don't we all.

He's not an adulterer, he doesn't booze, he doesn't have a criminal record, he stands for what he believes and he actually tells you what that is. He doesn't dodge tricky subjects, but tackles them head on. I think the pluses far outweigh the negatives and make him a much better candidate then anyone out there.
Closed Thread