Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Then THIS Happens

Just when I thought my interest in poker had cooled I had one of the most interesting freezeout tournaments I've ever played. After putting poker on the back burner for the past 2 months I enter the Hubble. I managed to get the ticket to the 2nd round by finishing 51 out of 12,000 (which was cool, but I had a lackluster 2nd round).

But the first round was a pretty interesting tournament. I got it all in by re-raising with pocket kings (little did I know I was up against Aces). Another player called all in with pocket Queens. Being the lucky big dog that I was I sucked the King on turn for kings full of 8s winning a huge pot.

Later on when we were down to the last 150 or so players with around 120,000 in chips I made a bad snap call against someone with KQ suited. I was up against KK doubling him up while I slid down to around 80,000. From there I coasted for a while while 2 Canadians on my immediate left kept trying to knock out all the small stacks. They kept chatting trying to induce the big stacks to attack the little stacks so the tourney would end sooner. Ironically two of the 3 smaller stacks outlasted the boisterous Canadians since they got knocked out without making the final 99 because they made a lot of bozo plays once they got over anxious about knocking out the small stacks. If they'd exercised a little more restraint they'd have probably made the cut coz they had enough chips to do it.

Just my luck. One of the replacement players is the tourney chip leader. I am down around 40,000 trying to tread water. The tourney chip leader has over 700,000 and he's on my immediate right which means I am going to be sharing some blinds action with him (and with that stack he probably won't be folding..lol).

Of course, since the table was now in big stack hell, most of the time whenever the CL bet everyone folded. But I accounted myself well and I was able to get 2 pots away from him. I was in the bb with around 40,000 when I picked up JJ so with the cl in the small blind I raised all in. He called with Q-4 os because he's not going to be pushed around by a small stack and the jacks held yipppee double up. A few rounds later we were again in the blinds playing a pot. I had a very marginal hand but I made a risky call of about half my stack because I figured he was playing bluff bully with me and he was.

I had such a good time. WTG Poker!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Then THIS Happens

Glad you enjoyed yourself. You should try puzzles and monopoly. These endeavours can also be quite enjoyable.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad you enjoyed yourself. You should try puzzles and monopoly. These endeavours can also be quite enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Puzzles might be interesting, but since I've figured out Monopoly it might not be challenging enough.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:41 AM

wtf? i wish this was too long to read because you don't know what just happened after you finish reading it.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 AM

What happened? Where's the ending?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? i wish this was too long to read because you don't know what just happened after you finish reading it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened was I had a roller coaster poker tournament. I just felt like waxing descriptive. That is all.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(and with that stack he probably won't be folding..lol).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL very funny
Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Old 11-26-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(and with that stack he probably won't be folding..lol).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL very funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty, ty. I'm glad someone got it. Guess you had to be there as if the whole forum hasn't already been there. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]