Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

[ QUOTE ]
It's totally unethical, just like cheating on your taxes, and just about everyone who's successful is unethical.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, so true.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at the people debating the effectiveness of tag teaming when the question being asked is that of ethics.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, obviously the two are related: if tagteaming has no effect or a detrimental effect then it would be really weird to say it's unethical.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 AM

Long been established there is no one player per hand rule online.

Coaching is so standard nowadays, real time sweat is a great learning tool. I frequently chop action with a friend and talk strategy for an hour session.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:37 AM

i dont think people should do it. and when they do i t just makes them look incompetent.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at the people debating the effectiveness of tag teaming when the question being asked is that of ethics.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, obviously the two are related: if tagteaming has no effect or a detrimental effect then it would be really weird to say it's unethical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. It's all about intent, and I'm pretty sure you think it would be advantageous, or else you wouldn't be doing it. BTW not calling you out but rather just making a poimt.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM

TonyBliar: flip??
DaEvils: nah no flip
DaEvils: lost my last one
TonyBliar: wow
TonyBliar: pussy
DaEvils: fine
DaEvils: flip
TonyBliar: u going down
TonyBliar: nh
TonyBliar: moron
TonyBliar: wow
DaEvils: ding ding
TonyBliar: fu
TonyBliar: u should stick to rapping
TonyBliar: u better at that than at poker
TonyBliar: flipping is for
TonyBliar: for noone
TonyBliar: except u
TonyBliar: i shoulda practive avoidance
TonyBliar: fu
Old 11-12-2007, 02:08 PM

wonder how much EV good players could get from "renting" known very bad players accounts.

regarding people allowed to have multiple accts. like PA, I think this is a very big advantage for them. You only have a player pool of so many people at the very large stakes. You play these people often and u learn their tendancies and adjust.

It's an advantage you can't have in live play, unless you're going to get plastic surgery, or wear a halloween mask at the table. You can't look at peoples faces online, all you have is their name, too important of an item to allow people to change all the time imo.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:09 PM

DaEvils = Prah?

Deny or confirm
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think that in poker, I'd prefer to play a headsup match against 3 people of equal strength colluding, than one player.

This is very pronounced in blitz chess, when working together with 2-3 people, assuming all are relatively equal strength, generally produces worse results than just playing normally because all the differing viewpoints can be really distracting. At least this has always been my experience.

Whenever I have played poker with someone watching me, it drives me completely insane when they try to give advice that's contrary to what I'm about to do. It's simply impossible to focus when you only have so much time to make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet if you took a group of three very strong chess players who were close friends, worked on each others' games a lot, and had a lot of experience playing together, that they would play better as a team than individually (assuming this was some version of chess where taking longer on every decision didn't hurt you).

I think, ethically speaking, that it is somewhat shady, but not that bad. I think people can generally assume it's going on at nosebleed stakes, so it isn't super dishonest or anything.

I think what PA does is significantly worse. These guys are still playing on their own accounts, and the owner of the account still has the final say on a given action.

[/ QUOTE ]

When referring to collusion in chess I meant speed chess, where you have about 5 minutes per game. This is because this is the common form of Internet chess so if you are at someones house and want to play together, you play a few quick games and you realize that you basically suck playing with each other's input. In a slow game it would be hugely beneficial.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 AM

Jman got caught out the other week too doing it, typing his hand into what he thought was MSN/AIM etc. so the questiony ou should be asking is who isn't doing it

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then why hasnt he been banned?? And what site was this on?