Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Really need some Bankroll advice....please help

I’ve been playing recreationally on-line for about two years now and have only ever enjoyed playing low-stakes MTT’s. I have had some success over this time both live and on-line. 4 cashes of over $1000 live and several of $500+ online. Baically, I think a lot about the game, I am well read and play really quite steadily and more skilfully than many of the others at my stakes.

The thing is I’ve always cashed any wins straight back out as I’m young and have always needed the money for other things – I’ve never been able to afford a bankroll. Whenever I’ve played I simply load up $20 or so, play and play for as long as my $20 lasts (If I cash I play again, often I won’t spend it all in a re-buy an so I can play again).

What’s the problem? I have $700 left from my last live cash and can afford for this to be my on-line bankroll. In 3 weeks time I can get back on stars (I gave myself a six month ban as I was spending too many evenings depositing $20 to play the $3r – a great way to busto).

I intended to use this $700 and start grinding the 4/180’s on Pokerstars. Last night, however, I won the $3r on Ladbrokes and won $825 (brag? – definitely!). So I now have a bankroll and also my $700 that I had saved.

My question is that I now have over $1500. Should I stick to original plan regarding 4/180’s or should I broaden my horizons? I basically want to be nitty with my bankroll and never have to reload again. I am capable of achieving this as I am a capable player.

How can I keep the roll safe whilst taking regular, achievable shots at growing it much further? And should I keep it at $1500 or should I just use the $800 I’ve won?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Really need some Bankroll advice....please help

Use whatever makes you comfortable.

Other than that, if you want to be a nit, just use a 200 BI rule; you can use all 1500 and play the same/smaller stakes than you're playing now and be set. I use a self-adjusting calculation for my play that cushions bad swings (I had a HORRIBLE august that ended up costing me 30 dollars by the end of the month).
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 AM

Deposit the $700 on Full Tilt thru a Rack Back affiliate and take advantage of the sign on bonus.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 AM

LOL

I really do want to play, for instance, the $10 15k GTD. The thing is i'm in UK and 4 hours ahead of EST. I can also only play weekends.

Are there any MTT's I should be looking at playing regularly? 15k GTD? $5 GTD which is an hour before the 15k. I know there's not a lot available to me at these times.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM

if i were u i would withdraw like $400 bucks so u have a bit extra for yourself so u dont need to dip into your bankroll.

Now keep your bankroll as what it should be, money left online that u only use to play poker.

Now i would just play 3r's and $10 games. In your session i would mix up the field sizes. Say you play 10 tournaments a session... (that a lot?)

so play 4 $10/45, 2 10/180's, 1 big 3r ,1 big $10 and 2 other $10 tourneys of whatever size.

when playing at the $10 level over all the sites there are plently of games starting at all times with different field sizes.

That way every session you play u have the chance to win big, but you will also probably cash at last once a session in one of the smaller field tourneys so you will usually have a winning / breakeven session. that way it wont be be demoralising playing big field tourneys, and having multiple losing sessions.

Yeah so decrease your varience while allowing u to take a shot at big money also.

Pez
Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deposit the $700 on Full Tilt thru a Rack Back affiliate and take advantage of the sign on bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do this. FT will match up to $600 in bonus. You can't turn down this free money. A $600 roll on FT will allow you to play plenty of 45s to 180s, MTTs, etc. in the $6 to $12 range.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do this. FT will match up to $600 in bonus. You can't turn down this free money. A $600 roll on FT will allow you to play plenty of 45s to 180s, MTTs, etc. in the $6 to $12 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tourneys will I need to play over what period to get this money back? Where can I find details of this?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/deposit-bonus-details.php

As said above, the Full Tilt rakeback and sign up bonus would be a great great bonus to you.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Just done some numbers. I would need to pay $12 fees per day every day for 4 months to get the $600.

I only play weeknights and occasionally weekends. What are the tournaments like on FTP (never played there)? Is there a good selection? Are they easy?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just done some numbers. I would need to pay $12 fees per day every day for 4 months to get the $600.

I only play weeknights and occasionally weekends. What are the tournaments like on FTP (never played there)? Is there a good selection? Are they easy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a little softer than Stars'. And your bonus would be fine to more or less just sit there I guess because you're getting rakeback too.