Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Does this cardroom in Glasgow, Scotland actually exist?!?

Hey ya,

I'm currently in vacation in Scotland, and looking for a game. After some research I found a place in Glasgow called The Cincinnati Club, Address: 67 Bridge Street, Glasgow G5 9SB. Phone: 0141 418 2399.

However, I also found an article about the club being shut down in June 2006... here .

So I would assume that they were closed down, but some people continue to post on their forum over here which leads me to believe they may still be open.

I tried calling and there was no answer....anyone from Scotland/UK read these forums? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help, and please foward this to any players you know in Scotland...I know they're out there...I play with em online!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Does this cardroom in Glasgow, Scotland actually exist?!?

www.pokeringlasgow.com
Old 07-28-2007, 01:03 AM

am moving to glasgow this dec. with my girl she is from glasgow, anyone know how this place is?????(from the link above)
Old 07-28-2007, 06:31 AM

Check out blondepoker.com there is a list of cardrooms for the UK seems to be 3 listed for Glasgow including the cincinnati. Try posting in their forums as people there will know whats going and looking the people running the wabash club post there.

That club used to be run by Dave Colclough not sure of his involvement in it now as he is involved in the new one planned for Nottingham.

This might also be helpful
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 AM

Thanks all for your responses.

I checked out the CinCin's forums, and there are some recent posts...like from as recent as last sunday. However it's the most inactive board I've ever seen...no real mods that check it regularly....no responses to posts, etc. And I tried calling many times....I was just gonna show up, but it's apparently a pretty rough neighborhood, and like 25 min from where I'm staying. In addition, their site is pretty outdated too, as well as everything I've read about the club itself pretty outdated (blondepoker.com stuff too).

As far as the Wabash club goes... One look at their website and I wanted to throw up (lol)! No info, terrible magenta background... and much less info on the rest of the internet about the games they run.

It seems that Glasgow (or the UK in general) has a much higher emphasis on tournaments (with rebuys, ugh) than cash games which I primarily play. At the CinCins club, for example, past posts (jan 2007) complained that the cash games don't get started til about midnight (the tourneys start at approx 8:30pm). Who knows if they are still that way.

If only they picked up that darned phone! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems that Glasgow (or the UK in general) has a much higher emphasis on tournaments (with rebuys, ugh) than cash games which I primarily play. At the CinCins club, for example, past posts (jan 2007) complained that the cash games don't get started til about midnight (the tourneys start at approx 8:30pm). Who knows if they are still that way.

If only they picked up that darned phone! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Late starting cash agmes are pretty norm in the UK. As the tourney players bust out, they move into a cash game. Midnight seems real late though, most clubs I go to (in the London area) cash is from 10pm onwards as a general rule.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 AM

For future reference for anyone visiting Glasgow and is interested in the Cincinnati Club, I finally got on the phone with someone that works there!

Cash games run every night, but are strictly interest based. Most don't get started until later (as some posters have mentioned), to be safe...get there around 11pm-12am. I'm probably going to head on over next Sunday, TR to follow.

Thanks for all your help!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]