Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Why is HSP3 a major disappointment?

It is simply a product of too few hands. They are only playing like 10-15 hands an hour. If they played more hands per hour or longer sessions the shows would be much better. As it is no, there are not enough interesting hands to show.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM

Dead on correct post csguard!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is simply a product of too few hands. They are only playing like 10-15 hands an hour. If they played more hands per hour or longer sessions the shows would be much better. As it is no, there are not enough interesting hands to show.

[/ QUOTE ] I disagree, I and I'm sure many others on 2+2 could watch HSP for hours and hours if it was uncut and just them playing. The problem is the players and too many of them switching all the time and not being very good. I don't care if theres a bad player but at least have solid players also.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 AM

2 hour shows would be great... it would be nice to see more online pros but they started that this season with Townsend, Benyamine and Antonius...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HSP3 as a major disappointment speaks to who the audience of the show is. If you step back and think of it as a television series, then you have the cult fans (many of us) and the casual fans (the poker dreamers). No one accidentally watches this show as who in their right mind skims through GSN to see what's on. I agree that too-many-players has reduced the storylines as guys are coming and going. This makes the season more difficult for the casual fan, and even for the zealots it probably comes off as more of a throwing everything on the wall and seeing if something sticks.

IMO, the table we have now is the one we could sit back and watch a dozen hours of play. We're already seeing all of these subplots emerge almost instantly (Benyamine producing an extra $200k when all those monies show up, Negreanu's chat starting to look uncomfortable with all these big guns there, players very familiar with some at the table and unfamiliar with others, etc.).

The last episode makes this season great, just with the big change in dynamics with Booth's bundle and his immediate Ivey play. We basically have half of Bobby's Room now combined with their online equivalents, with Esfandiari and Negreanu thrown in for good measure. If you could go another eight hours with Booth, Benyamine, Ivey, Dags, Brian Townsend, and Antonius, what other two players would you add to complete a solid eight-handed table? I'd suggest Chip Reese and Jason Strasser to further broaden the game or Prahlad and Gus Hansen to LAG the table up some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ strassa plug
Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 AM

I wouldn't have minded half the season be the lineup we have right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HSP3 as a major disappointment speaks to who the audience of the show is. If you step back and think of it as a television series, then you have the cult fans (many of us) and the casual fans (the poker dreamers). No one accidentally watches this show as who in their right mind skims through GSN to see what's on. I agree that too-many-players has reduced the storylines as guys are coming and going. This makes the season more difficult for the casual fan, and even for the zealots it probably comes off as more of a throwing everything on the wall and seeing if something sticks.

IMO, the table we have now is the one we could sit back and watch a dozen hours of play. We're already seeing all of these subplots emerge almost instantly (Benyamine producing an extra $200k when all those monies show up, Negreanu's chat starting to look uncomfortable with all these big guns there, players very familiar with some at the table and unfamiliar with others, etc.).

The last episode makes this season great, just with the big change in dynamics with Booth's bundle and his immediate Ivey play. We basically have half of Bobby's Room now combined with their online equivalents, with Esfandiari and Negreanu thrown in for good measure. If you could go another eight hours with Booth, Benyamine, Ivey, Dags, Brian Townsend, and Antonius, what other two players would you add to complete a solid eight-handed table? I'd suggest Chip Reese and Jason Strasser to further broaden the game or Prahlad and Gus Hansen to LAG the table up some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ strassa plug

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have put Tech, but he never paid me for the Advil...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM

I was diappointed from Season 3 till the last 2 shows, the action was boring no one wanted to do the straddle, it was alot of boring action also. whoever invited some of these players needs to be fire, They need to keep the major action players and invite some people like Chip Reese, or invite The grinder back and some other young guys..
Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I still love it but agree they invited too many players.