Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: How to Meditate.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what did it feel like hwne you meditated for 5 minutes without any thoughts arising?

[/ QUOTE ]

It only ever happened once. It was an extremely bizarre experience. I actually don't want to go into it on a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? For some reason this has me fascinated, but maybe I am reading too much into it. Could you expand on this please?
Old 06-10-2006, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what did it feel like hwne you meditated for 5 minutes without any thoughts arising?

[/ QUOTE ]

It only ever happened once. It was an extremely bizarre experience. I actually don't want to go into it on a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? For some reason this has me fascinated, but maybe I am reading too much into it. Could you expand on this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear you're only fascinated because I said that I didn't want to go into it. The reasons for that are not shame, too personal, etc etc. It's because it would distract too much from the topic at hand. I am 100% certain that a lot of people would jump on board calling me out and saying that I'm full of it and that it's not possible.

I'm happy to help out people who want to meditate but I have no interest in putting myself in an undefendable position on a public message board.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:41 AM

If you live in Perth and play poker there, it is almost impossible I don't know you. I won't be coming back to Perth for a long time unfortunately. I can see why you wouldn't want to talk about the 5 minute thing either. The 2+2 mindset would be extremely skeptical. That is one of the major reasons I want to find out myself.

German guy was saying at times he felt like he left his body totally behind, at other times doing walking meditations he just couldn't move at all, etc. Crazy sh1zn1t. Seemed like a totally normal guy before I started talking to him about meditation, so he presumably has no motive to lie either. Sounds interesting...
Old 10-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Hey adsman. For about 3 years now I've wanted to do meditation but have only done it very sporadically am going to try harder now. A few more questions if you don't mind, I would like to add to this thread.

How long have you been practicing meditation?
Have you continued pracitcing it everyday since this thread, including through the stressful time when you opened your bar when it might be hardest to meditate?
Other people who read this thread and were inspired to try meditation, what has been your experience?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:39 PM

wow, I didn't know this thread existed.

VERY nice job Adsman. Salute.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:45 PM

can meditation help me fold, espec. when I'm behind?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Ever tried Holosync? Its supposed to work a lot faster than traditional meditation.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 PM

Hey ads, do you have any experience in Lucid Dreaming? I figure the two things are somewhat related.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you heard of "Deepak Chopra: the soul of healing meditations" ? I got it as a gift from someone a while back. I tried it once and I was totally discouraged by how detached I felt. Interested in what you think of it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was witness to that gentlemen throwing a temper tantrum due to 'only' 8500 tickets being sold for one of his seminars. From that point on I avoided his work.

I must also say, after having worked in the industry, that the vast majority of new-age books and courses are utter crap. They feed on peoples hopes and dreams. The few good ones are very, very good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the few good ones?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The next stage is the one that usually trips up most people who really want to meditate. It will seem like you are progressing well. The urges to do other things have almost ceased. You are getting the mind under control. What the ego is doing is lulling you into a false sense of security. For no reason at all you will miss one day of meditation. That's Ok. You will continue to mediatate, and you will continue to miss another day here and there. All seemingly innocuous. Within a few months you will have stopped meditating all together. The ego will have won.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has happened to me a couple of times and I cant seem to get past it