Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: FTP $1/2 NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and even if he does have a worse hand than us we're OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad. how about you give some advice on what to do on certain river cards than saying we're oop so we should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice is to fold the turn. Why? Because we're gonna be OOP on the river, which means we will have a hard time extracting value from a worse hand and will have to pay off a better hand.

Say we call and the river comes a diamond, the correct play is probably to check and fold to any reasonable bet as he probably has a set or was semi-bluffing with the diamond draw. Say we call and the river comes a high card? We probably again have to check and call but won't like it. Say it pairs one of the other cards we have to check and fold to any bet as our hands is ruined. The only time we can really like our hand is if a Q or 2 comes on the river, and are we really gonna win a big pot vs. a worse hand (except if he has a set and got a worse boat?).

Most rivers are gonna suck and we're gonna be faced with a big bet and no way of knowing if we're good. And when we are good most of the time he's gonna check behind. Doesn't seem like a great spot at all.

We are gonna be in really big trouble w/ not many river cards we like OOP when we're behind, and we're not gonna win much money when we're ahead.

If hero had reads, sure ez, call, play pokah, otherwise I stand by my recommendation.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM

your short-stacked; villain is probably raise/calling QJ+ here for value...shove.

buy in full
stop completing your SB
Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad. how about you give some advice on what to do on certain river cards than saying we're oop so we should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice is to fold the turn. Why? Because we're gonna be OOP on the river, which means we will have a hard time extracting value from a worse hand and will have to pay off a better hand.

Say we call and the river comes a diamond, the correct play is probably to check and fold to any reasonable bet as he probably has a set or was semi-bluffing with the diamond draw. Say we call and the river comes a high card? We probably again have to check and call but won't like it. Say it pairs one of the other cards we have to check and fold to any bet as our hands is ruined. The only time we can really like our hand is if a Q or 2 comes on the river, and are we really gonna win a big pot vs. a worse hand (except if he has a set and got a worse boat?).

Most rivers are gonna suck and we're gonna be faced with a big bet and no way of knowing if we're good. And when we are good most of the time he's gonna check behind. Doesn't seem like a great spot at all.

We are gonna be in really big trouble w/ not many river cards we like OOP when we're behind, and we're not gonna win much money when we're ahead.

If hero had reads, sure ez, call, play pokah, otherwise I stand by my recommendation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i agree that a lot of rivers are gonna suck which is partly the reason i'm sure he posted. i just thought you were arguing that we should fold because we are oop.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your short-stacked; villain is probably raise/calling QJ+ here for value...shove.

buy in full
stop completing your SB

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my thoughts exactly, especially the last two . . .
Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is in sb w/ Q 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
HERO completes

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hero has $110

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be a jackass, but you should probably move down.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i agree that a lot of rivers are gonna suck which is partly the reason i'm sure he posted. i just thought you were arguing that we should fold because we are oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was more or less. For the reasons given in the above post.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Shove or 3 bet (whichever you prefer) for value.