Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: please critique these travel plans

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds scary. I've heard that Korea in particular has a lot of shady schools.

[/ QUOTE ]
True.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm considering showing up and finding a job while I'm there so I can scope it out, but I hear it can then be tricky to get your flight reimbursed.

[/ QUOTE ]
True.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 PM

Last Thursday I learned from my Korean professor that they dont use deodorant in Korea, taking a shower in the morning is something only the "americanized" youth is doing, and at meals they eat out of the same bowl. This information alone would make me less enthusiastic about going there.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last Thursday I learned from my Korean professor that they dont use deodorant in Korea, taking a shower in the morning is something only the "americanized" youth is doing, and at meals they eat out of the same bowl. This information alone would make me less enthusiastic about going there.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If that bothers you, then don't go to Asia at all!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Wait, this is South Korea? SE Asians are clean to the point of obsessive-compulsiveness.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 PM

Yes, South Korea. Im just going by what my professor said, and the fact that he used deodorant, shower in the morning and wants his own small bowl at meals were examples he used to prove how he had been "Americanized" after moving to the US.

Apparantly his friends back home does not use deodorant, people dont shower at home in the morning but rather go to public baths where they can get clean together and dinner is 1 bowl and lots of spoons.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This is exactly the sort of weird/uncomfortable stuff I'm looking forward to in my travels. I've pretty much stayed in California my whole life and I'm excited to experience different ways of living.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM

If you can get to the South of France, even for a day, it's one of my favorite places to relax, just avoid well known crowded beaches.