Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

your trolling does not amuse me, come back next week
Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Also,
in the further attempt to spread the word, let's all join Josem's facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4999108811
Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I read this site all the time, people are unable to accept that players play differently from them and that their strategies could work, I'm surprised AP doesn't sue your ass for slander

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat Bill,

By my calculations, the cheaters at Absolute Poker are winning at about 15 standard deviations above the mean. Assuming a normally distributed result, my estimate is that there is about the same chance of being above 15 standard deviations as a random person winning a million-to-one lottery six consecutive times.

AP are welcome to sue me if they wish. I have emailed my contact details to them, and they remain publicly posted at the website I made that clearly states the allegations against them.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Josem's response to this is the correct course of action. 'ban plz' is not, even though bill is probably levelling. Most people will not be able to look at the hand histories and 'know' this is cheating. Only poker players will, and taking the 'you're an idiot if you don't get it stance' even just once in this thread, could cause painful amounts of confusion when this is all reviewed by others.

I think the purpose of this thread should be to continue to collect, discuss, and evaluate evidence.

There are 2 further courses of action that must be pursued:

1: The gathered evidence must be clearly and concisely summarized. The website is a good start to this, but making a thread to be stickied and locked would also be a good idea. This must be in language and level of explanaition that a layperson could understand.

2: What are we going to do with the evidence now that we have it? What outcomes do we foresee? What outcomes do we want? There's information buried in this thread about who is contacting the KGC, various periodicals, etc. I think this warrants a separate (much smaller) thread, that should also be stickied.

Just my 2c
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM

To anyone has a digg account, digg this story and hopefuly we'll get it onto the front page. The older submission won't make it because they are so old.

http://digg.com/security/Major_Onlin...ght_Cheating_2
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM

<font color="blue">Just an important tidbit to remember going forward...in light of the fact that it appears that culpable parties have been changing DNS info and Whois registrations trying to cover tracks, the second that anyone uncovers something they believe might be incriminating, you should immediately take and save a screenshot of it to preserve the evidence in case it gets changed later. </font>
Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
To anyone has a digg account, digg this story and hopefuly we'll get it onto the front page. The older submission won't make it because they are so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i think we should work on rewording that and then all sign up for digg accounts
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i think we should work on rewording that and then all sign up for digg accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess digg users and 2p2 don't go hand and hand... If we don't get 40-70 people to digg it within a few hours it'll never get posted. As long as the url is unique, you can submit it again. I didn't get the impression that apcheats.com has the bandwidth to withstand a barrage of hits from digg.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Digg can be a very powerfull tool for spreading this information. If we can revise the story like Fatal suggests, and then digg it up quickly right after submission, we might get it to the front page. After that, it can take off. Let's try it!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Slashdot seems like the place for this, this seems like something they'd eat up.
Closed Thread