Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Exciting implications incoming:

If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com.

Assuming "Scott" [or, at any rate, someone using his account at his IP] was our man, I pulled some strings and got that IP cross-referenced amongst some poker sites.

A match was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait so it's the person who posted the comment or the blogger or who?

[/ QUOTE ]

argh you're #3 to do this, okay I'll spell it out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

look at that blog's first entry carefully...

[ QUOTE ]

These are just some of the people I interacted with, partied with, or was in awe of: Amir Vahedi,Chip & Karina Jett, Layne Flack, Kristy Gazes, Scotty Nguyen, Men "The Master", Andy Bloch, Ted Forest, Mike Laing, John Phan, and both CEO and owners of Absolute Poker, Phil & Scott Tom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exciting implications incoming:

If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com.

Assuming "Scott" [or, at any rate, someone using his account at his IP] was our man, I pulled some strings and got that IP cross-referenced amongst some poker sites.

A match was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does Potripper observe his own table?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM

THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT HIGH LEVEL AP PPL BE SEEIN YOUR HOLECARDS

*Mark Seif
Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM

This would seem to imply that Potripper is a giddy middle aged woman, but on closer inspection...

"Due to a sever lack of sleep and food, (going om 25 hours) this will be short today with MANY to come in order to cover my entire experience.

These are just some of the people I interacted with, partied with, or was in awe of: Amir Vahedi,Chip & Karina Jett, Layne Flack, Kristy Gazes, Scotty Nguyen, Men "The Master", Andy Bloch, Ted Forest, Mike Laing, John Phan, and both CEO and owners of Absolute Poker, Phil & Scott Tom.
"

It is clear that this innocent woman was up for 25 hours because she was being double-teamed by Phil and Scott. She used one of their computers to make this blog entry after the marathon session, which explains the IP match.

This theory is actually further supported by a vague post here .
Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM

But wasn't AP sold to Ultimate bet?

Is Scott Tom still an owner or did he get a bunch of cash from UB?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM

When all's said and done, I imagine the story of this whole thing would make for a pretty sweet magazine article or book.

jesus the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
How does Potripper observe his own table?

[/ QUOTE ]

The file had one person observing table 13 the whole way through - #363, the hole card cam account. A second person from the same IP opened another table briefly and then closed it. Surmise: That second person (with a random 7 digit account number) is Potripper accidentally opening another table.

Whoever that second person is, though, their email address is scott@rivieraltd.com, and their IP (which is, as I said, the same as User #363) is identical to a certain Scott Tom's home cable modem.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did not mean to confirm ownership details. I don't know ownership details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks. The p5's post seems a little too detailed to be false though. I think there's more here, but we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that information comes from the AP website itself. I'm at work, can someone confirm?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:31 PM

You only have to be licensed if you want to run an online gaming operation from their data center. The regulation costs $25k to obtain + $10k/year. From their site:

[ QUOTE ]
The Commission has adopted technical standards that are applied to ensure that the games offered by a permit holder are fair to players. An applicant’s systems are subjected to a risk analysis prior to implementation and an audit plan is established to ensure systems comply with the Commission’s requirements. Operational monitoring and audits are conducted on a monthly basis to ensure continuing compliance. *

[/ QUOTE ]

Then at the bottom:

[ QUOTE ]
* Risk analysis performed by Gaming Associates

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, they should be the ones to investigate this sort of thing I'd think, which is why I emailed them. Their site is gamingassociates.com.
Closed Thread