Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 AM

Default NLCASH $200, deepstacked with TP2K

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $575.00
SB: $448.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $66.00</font>, Hero calls $42.00

Flop: ($132) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $91.00</font>, Hero calls $91.00

Turn: ($314) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($314) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets all-in for $291.00</font>

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: NLCASH $200, deepstacked with TP2K

Player read?

Assuming he's a decent player, why would he check the turn behind with a good hand on a fairly draw-heavy board? Not for pot control with AK, because he then shoves a blank river.

What is he putting you on? You peel the flop, so you could have JJ/QQ/AQ and maybe KK/AK, despite no pre-flop 5bet. You check turn AND river, so he might be shoving KK/QQ/JJ in hopes of taking you off AQ or a better pocket pair than his. I think his turn check is too weak to have AK or better on this board.

I'm not too experienced with HU over 100bb deep, but I think I call here and see a pocket pair a lot of the time.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 AM

Villain Reads: Fairly solid. He has not done anything bluffy in the duration of the match.

I used up every last second of my timebank. I should have probably flipped a coin.

Timing Tells: He instachecked behind on turn, and it took 1 second (slightly more than insta) for him to push on the river.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Im hardly ever folding AQ in a reraised pot on this board.. especially with this weird line makes it a must call
Old 08-14-2007, 02:33 AM

raze - I don't think villain is worried about draws hitting, so I don't think the turn check necessarily means he's more likely to be weak.

I feel like there's lots of hands he could totally play this way: KK/AA/TT/JJ/QQ all come to mind really. AK doesn't make a ton of sense really. I don't know what of those hands he 4bets though. Your hand doesn't look to be a boat b/c you checked the turn and river, so I feel like this is a call. Had you played any 4bet pots yet? I know we're really deep here, and part of me thinks his most likely hand is AA, but I feel like this is a call. It's close imo.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM

did u call him?

I would really like to see what he had.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM

I think this is a fold but a close one. I think villain checks behind with hands that can't beat AQ.

(sometimes I call it, its not a clear decision IMO)
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 PM

He shoved over my 4bet pf with QQ when we had 1.5 buy-ins on the table, I obv snap called with AA and it held. He used almost all of his timer before shoving.

I did not call, but I'm thinking this is not a better hand more than 33% of the time and is therefore a call.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:21 PM

Posters who are saying this is a pp : what pp's would villain 4-bet pf then turn into a bluff on the river
Old 08-14-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raze - I don't think villain is worried about draws hitting, so I don't think the turn check necessarily means he's more likely to be weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that

Problem is, he can't have better than a set, and I think checking behind on the turn super-deep instead of betting for huge value with a flush draw and a possible gutshot on the board is bad and careless. So if we read Villain to make careless, dangerous plays with very strong hands 250bb's deep, then yea his range is going to be a lot stronger on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the other hand, if he does have AA (despite there being only the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] left in the deck), a turn check-behind could induce a very big bluff on the river, or a very loose call once Villain shoves...