Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Default cardroomsupply / weber tables

has anyone bought one of the tables there?

im looking at these two in particular:
http://www.cardroomsupply.com/48chpota4ch.html
http://www.cardroomsupply.com/50chpotawblu.html

I havent found any reviews online for people who've actually bought a table from the site, and i cant find anything about it in the search function. if you have one or know anyone who does, let me know what you thought of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: cardroomsupply / weber tables

Nice tables, but I hate the dugout for storing chips on their sides. I prefer an area to stack and riffle. For that reason, I'd never purchase a table with that kind of dugout.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 PM

Have you ever seen one in person?

How sturdy did the table feel? Did the table top that turns over feel solid?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 AM

Sorry, no I've never seen one in the flesh, so to speak. I was just commenting based on the picture. It looks solid, but you do need to see it in person before making a purchase. At least I would.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 AM

For that price, I sure hope it's not veneered plywood (which it most likely is :/ )

If you're in the US and have a Sams Club nearby, they have a similar table to that or they do at the local club here.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 AM

For that kind of money, I would just build, get someone to build you a custom table.

check out http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/
Old 05-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Take a few days and build your own. As posted above, check out scottkeen forums, they are very helpful. I have built several tables and gave a decent step-by-step on my webpage http://www.getzsome.com/Texas_Hold_Em_Table.htm

You can easily add lights, etc..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM

I found the scott keen forums a few years ago. After about a year of lurking there I decided to build my own table. I'd never built anything before, but my table turned out better than I could have thought. Here is a link to my table.

I would recommend building one. It is pretty easy and you can make one exactly like you want.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the scott keen forums a few years ago. After about a year of lurking there I decided to build my own table. I'd never built anything before, but my table turned out better than I could have thought. Here is a link to my table.

I would recommend building one. It is pretty easy and you can make one exactly like you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just started posting there this week and am also about to build my own. I'm ridiculously excited.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I don't know the specific brand of my octaganol table but I can tell you I don't like playing on it. I believe its 48" across and it's really too small for 8, or even 6 players. 4 is good. I also don't like the chip cutouts. Chips don't fit well in them and if you play NL it's impossible to have any idea what a player has. If you plan to have 8 play I would recommend going with a 60" table. I would still suggest trying to find one and sitting at it with guys on either side to get a feel for elbow room. Maybe even bring some cards and chips and spread them out on the table to see how much felt area gets used up.

But the table looks really great in my front room. Did I mention it was the wife's idea.

I made 3 of my own Hold'em style tables - 84" x 42". Took me most of a Saturday and a little bit of Sunday. Jigsaw and an electric staple gun are the only real tools you need. Total cost around $300-$350. I used folding legs for easy storage and transport.

Also check out www.homepokertourney.com for some additional links to building tables.

Good Luck

ps. should you choose to build your own you can save a lot of time, and some expense by not having a racetrack, which is what I did. If I was to build another to replace the octagonal table I would put in a racetrack and get some nice legs too.