6 8 5.76%
7 9 6.47%
8 5 3.60%
9 1 0.72%
10 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: A few \'scientific\' polls to compare OOT to the rest of the US

Mm, hit a nerve did I? Nice resorting to ad hominem in lieu of argument. With that, we're definitely done here. Great job, hope you're proud of yourself.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 PM

polltard
Old 05-05-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mm, hit a nerve did I? Nice resorting to ad hominem in lieu of argument. With that, we're definitely done here. Great job, hope you're proud of yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Standard response when asked to put up or shut up.

Thanks for proving my point.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Don't bother. Trolls go on ignore.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't bother. Trolls go on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

blarg, I think you should elaborate, he did back you into a corner, and even though he attacked you, I think you were the first to post something with no substance in it (when he attacked at least he made a valid point). When we've argued about random crap in the past, Ive noticed you tend to just get dismissive when youve "lost" or have no other points to make.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: A better version of this poll

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a better version of this poll:

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like this one either. There should be an option for a strong agnostic who recognizes god as extremely improbable but still cannot eliminate the longshot possibilty.

I voted for "strong athiest" in the first poll however, not because I feel that way, but because I think that is how the OP/ society would interpret my views.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Questions 3 and 5 don't have enough answers. Namely: "I don't know, not enough data."

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be better if OP changed the question to something like "is it almost certain" or "is x the only plausible explanation" rather than changing the answers
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 PM

I didn't make a post with no substance at all. The immediate result was a personal attack. I try not to reward that kind of thing too much unless the need is really pressing. Here, it's not. More than that, this poster is both freaked out and invested to the hilt in his ideas. There will be no persuading him, but an infinity of boring time could be spent on it to no avail. This kind of situation with no positive outcome is the reason I rarely contribute to threads about or substantially about religion. I slipped up this time and got repaid for it with the same pay-off you get 99% of the time. This is why I don't hang around the politics forum, too.

You're right, I usually do leave a topic when it gets pointless, and stop responding to specific posters when they act like jerks. In poker parlance, I don't believe in throwing good money after bad.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't make a post with no substance at all. The immediate result was a personal attack. I try not to honor that kind of thing too much unless the need is really pressing. Here, it's not. More than that, this poster is both freaked out and invested to the hilt in his ideas. There will be no persuading him, but an infinity of boring time could be spent on it to no avail. This kind of situation with no positive outcome is the reason I rarely contribute to threads about or substantially about religion. I slipped up this time and got repaid for it with the same pay-off you get 99% of the time. This is why I don't hang around the politics forum, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but *I* dont learn anything if you guys dont argue both sides more in depth.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:02 PM

Yes, yes.... take the "high road."

I am by no means "freaked out and invested to the hilt in his(my) ideas"

I am a perfectly reasonable individual. You do not have to leave your brain at the door to be religious.

An actual example of Macro Evolution would be such a ground breaking occurence, that if one actually existed, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

The simple fact of the matter is that you made a statement that can only be verified by something that does not exist. It is therefor no less faith-based than any of the many religions we have in our society. So just admit that it's a religion and we can move on to discussing actual "facts".

Like the inconvenient fact that different types of animals cannot procreate, thus decimating the Theory of Evolution as it stands today.