Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 06:09 PM

Default $5NL 6max - AA facing turn minraise

Have not been at the table long, villian seems to be pretty decent. I remember only a couple of hands from him. One he had KK, raised preflop, cbet it with A on the board, checked the K on the turn(going for a c/r prolly) and raised the case K on the river. The only other hand that I had noted was when he open raised from the button, and I just called with a small pair. He cbet the all broadway flop and flashed a 63s when I folded.

The few questions I had were
1) is the initial bet on the turn correct?
2) do I call or am I pretty much beat here. Baluge theorem would say I am beat here, but with the money already in the pot do I continue or just lay it down?
3) bet sizing has been an issue in some of my previous posts, so is my bet sizing ok
4) with AA, my goal has been just to try to get all my money in as fast as i can. This past weekend I was able to get it in on the flop when I bet/3bet with 678 2 suited flop and the guy turned over ATo!? So people like that make it hard to lay down this turn because who knows maybe he is a donkey too.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($8.52)
SB ($2.98)
Hero ($4.46)
UTG ($5.95)
MP ($3.03)
CO ($8.24)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.82) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, Button calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.02) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, Hero ???
Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: $5NL 6max - AA facing turn minraise

Considering the stack sizes I think you have to push here. He might have KJ but he will often have a flush draw, possibly with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or AK here.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM

This is a situation that I definitely hate being in.

1) The turn bet is correct but a check wouldn't be bad either. What a check enables you to do is control pot size and possibly induce a bluff from villain.

2) Again, this is a horrible spot to be in and I would probably fold but with a very angry grunt to go along with it. Villain probably has either king jack or a set.

3) Your bet sizing was good on this hand.

4) That is a good goal with AA but it should end after the flop. Once you get to the flop you have to re-evaluate what villains range may be and decide if your ahead. If you are able to get 50% or more of your stack in the pot before the flop then I would never fold.

Hope this helped.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering the stack sizes I think you have to push here. He might have KJ but he will often have a flush draw, possibly with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is certainly part of his range but I believe that is one of the few hands in his range we beat. At these stakes the line villain took almost always means "I have two pair or better and want you to call my turn min-raise."
Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 PM

pu pu push it
Old 03-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Regarding your plan I just noticed that if he calls 0.3 he will also call 0.4. He might even call 0.5 or 0.6 but then you are probably diverging too far from your usual bet sizes.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is certainly part of his range but I believe that is one of the few hands in his range we beat. At these stakes the line villain took almost always means "I have two pair or better and want you to call my turn min-raise."

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree if villian is a thinking player who often makes proper sized bets. Someone like that would stick out like a sore thumb at these stakes, though.