Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Get Your Noob Out-uNL edition

Got a question you think is too noobish to ask?

Afraid your post will get locked because it's stupid?

Think you've got a frequently asked question that isn't in the FAQ?

In the first annual installment of Get Your Noob Out we're inviting all of you to post your noob questions - as silly as you think they might be - in this thread.

This thread is reserved for ON TOPIC questions only. This is not "Ask EMc Anything." Attempts to troll this thread (where the mods will be politely providing answers) will be met with swift bans.

Looking forward to it:

<font color="blue"> EMC, </font> <font color="purple"> 42it, </font> <font color="red"> AJ, </font> <font color="brown"> Isura </font>

(thanks to Citanul and STTF for the idea)
Old 02-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-uNL edition

Am I a nit for folding AQ to a 3bet when I'm OOP?

<font color="blue">No. See RIO. Whats your plan to extract postflop? Esp at 50nl where there is no 3 betting light really </font>
Old 02-22-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-uNL edition *DELETED*

Post deleted by EMcWilliams
Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I a nit for folding AQ to a 3bet when I'm OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope in fact, in a lot of situations its standard...

ps. DON'T BAN ME FOR ANSWERING PLEASE...

<font color="red">The 4 mods will be the only ones answering the questions at this time. As our gift to uNL.

So vets, please refrain from answering. Maybe think up a question of your own. Or respond in the multitude of other threads in uNL. </font>

Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM

I very very rarely fire 2nd barrels, is this terrible at 50nl?

<font color="blue">If its bad it honestly can't be that bad. I would recommend to start trying to pick opponnents that this will work against and start trying it. 50NL is tougher now than it was a month ago, and about 100x tougher than this time last year. As the PFR I will usually dbl barrel any A,K, and most Q turns. If I 3 bet PF I will double barrel if I feel the villain is calling with a mid-low pair.--emc </font>

<font color="red">Also, best to practice this against regulars, ones who you know are semi-decent and that can fold a hand if they think they are beat. Don't fire twice against the maniacs, big fish, or calling stations.--aj </font>
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM

You should do that cool thing that STTF does, where the mods answer inside the OP in blue color, makes it more presentable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Am I a nit for folding AQ UTG ??

<font color="blue">Probably. Position is important, very important. I dont mind folding KJ0, QJo, ATo UTG. AQ is far to strong of a hand to fold UTG IMO. Especially at uNL with the any ace annies floating around. </font>
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM

4_2_it was that you playing 50nl last night? If it was, i sat down on your direct left and was going to 3bet you relentlessly but you left after the 1st orbit wtf?

<font color="blue"> I played briefly on Stars last night and stopped when my wife got home from a board meeting. Sexytime &gt;&gt;&gt; Poker Time. If you see me again, feel free to 3-bet me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] --- 4_2_it</font>

<font color="red">Plus, this thread isn't "the well", nor ask EMC or 42 to post a graph, talk about their game, etc etc. It's for n00b questions about uNL, games and forum. --aj </font>
Old 02-22-2007, 03:28 PM

why am i afraid of 3 bets when i know the guy is 3 betting with air and i have 77-99, AJo+?

i just call and hope he shuts down. if he doesn't i just c/c through to river and 80% of the time i'm good. why can't i just start 4 betting? or putting it in on the flop (besides knowing he only calls with a made hand)? is this bad? (50nl)?

<font color="blue">Do you really think ppl are 3 betting air at 50nl? I havent noticed it yet. </font>

let me rephrase: i moved up to 100nl and experienced an 11 buyin downswing within 2 days (8k hands) from 3 bettors and over aggressive people. ur right this doesn't happen at 50nl. i'm trying to figure out why i'm a winner at 50nl and y i'm a loser at 100nl and against 3 bettors pre and aggro players post flop, this seems to be the reason why.

i myself have been trying to be a 3-bettor at 50nl and i'm having mild success but when it comes time to try 100nl again i don't want to be playing blind against other aggros. perhaps it would be best to just be a 10/8 player again...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Why does it hurt when I pee?

<font color="red">Enjoy your break from 2p2.--aj </font>
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Are you 3-betting more or less often IP or OOP?

How much value is there in 3-betting SCs and small PPs IP and OOP?

<font color="blue"> I definitely 3 bet more in position. 3 bet pots OOP are tough, and I would think a 3 betting range is wider IP than OOP. Orange and I were talking the other day, and agree that there is little value to 3 betting small PP. They have enough value alone in set value IP. For suited connectors, against the right opponent, they can be 3 bet profitably. I would only do it against decent opponents I know will fold when they are beat and will take notice when I 3 bet them. Against players that dont fold, there is no reason to really 3 bet them. -EMc </font>
Closed Thread