Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM

Default QQ strange line from villain 10-20 NL

K so I'm running pretty bad and I'm at that point where im questionning everything im doing and trying new stuff so this might be a basic hand.
Villain is someone I've never played with and the whole way he played the hand had me lost.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($3249)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($2010)</font>
BB ($2401.51)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($2119)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls $20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $80</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $70.

Flop: ($200) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $140</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $380</font>, Hero calls $240.

Turn: ($960) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $1649 (All-In), Hero calls $1540 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4149
Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: QQ strange line from villain 10-20 NL

looks fine
Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 AM

why not raise more PF and push flop?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:16 AM

I think its a bad call on the turn.

You're basically just hoping he has a big draw, and at the same time I think a set is his most likely hand.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a bad call on the turn.

You're basically just hoping he has a big draw, and at the same time I think a set is his most likely hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

his overbet push that confused me =(
Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 AM

Easy call against a donk limper
Old 09-22-2006, 02:53 AM

looks like fairly standard turn fold against a preflop limp-caller unless he's been notably unintelligent or your sample size is too small to draw any conclusions, in which case i err on the side of 'donkey' given that he limp-called at all (&lt;4 orbits or so or &lt;8-10 orbits if you're 8+ tabling). 33/44 easily most likely. not close, imo.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:07 AM

I don't really see why you play 10/20 NL, ESPECIALLY 4 handed, if you're not really paying attention. I couldn't win playing on autopilot. Don't you have any reads at all? I mean when I play this game (which is admittedly live), I'm watching them. Are they raising alot? How hard are they pushing their draws? Most guys I know will just call the flop with one pair here, betting you off your AK on the turn (which is why stack-a-donk is so sick).

But ok, so on the flop he's got a range of hands. If he's aggro, he's raising pairs, flush draws, as well as big draws and hands that beat you (mostly sets). Against this guy, you should push.

If he's a sort of straight forward type, who might raise one but will check if you beat him and bet if he beats you on the turn (be it he raised with a pair, or a draw, or whatever) then you can call and fold.

If he's super passive, and would raise only strong hands, you can fold the flop.

If he's a solid TAG who's raising good draws, flush draws, hands that beat you and a few other things, you generally want to reraise or fold, or call and fold. You do not want to call and call.

If he's a sick maniac you want to call and call and let him bluff off his stack.

So which line is best? Well, pay attention to him, see what he's doing and you won't have to ask.

That being said, it's four handed, it's a sweet flop, and he's giving action. I'm making it a thousand as a formality (for the times I might choose to bluff here) but I'm getting all the money in ASAP. I hate letting him dodge me on the turn, checking behind and putting me in a tough river spot, and I think action you get on the turn is gonna suck for the most part.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:38 AM

I love how a couple say easy fold and a couple say easy call.