Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why anyone thinks this team is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand your reverse homer bias.

We narrowly lost to 4-0 Green Bay.
We lost by one score to 2-1 Washington.
We destroyed 3-1 Detroit.
We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

Yeah, that's just a terrible team right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think they're much worse than anyone else in the NFC but man, I can't see twisting a home game vs. the Skins into anything other than a bad loss. If they beat them like they were supposed to, the 2-1 Skins are the 1-2 Skins whose only win came vs. a bad team in overtime. Last night was pretty ugly too. GB you can give them a pass on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When looking at the opponent's records you have to remove the games played vs Philly to get an accurate view.

And similarly to the Washington analysis in the post above mine, the Giants excluding the Philly game are a 1-2 team whose only win was a narrow victory over Washington.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with Justice?

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you watching Sunday night?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 PM

Well, I wasn't crazy about the inability to punch through in the red zone, but a win is a win. And only 3 sacks this time!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I wasn't crazy about the inability to punch through in the red zone, but a win is a win. And only 3 sacks this time!

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that the Eagles pretty much dominated the game, except for not being able to score touchdowns in the redzone. This game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated. Not the resounding victory I was hoping for, but it was still a nice win.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 AM

Agreed with duracell, and the stats back it up since we outgained them by about 150 yards.

We have to run the ball more. Westbrook got 20 carries (good) but Buck only got 4. What the hell? Buck is having a great year when he actually gets the ball. We were shredding them on the ground. Run the ball!

Especially in the red zone. It's infuriating how we don't run in the red zone. And when we do, it's generally on 2nd and 10, like say 2nd and 10 from the 13 or so. That's a wasted run, b/c you're rarely going to score and gaining 5 yards doesn't really help all that much with that field position.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Well, at least I understand why they drafted Kolb now. McNabb is easily a below average quarterback in the league at this point. His mobility, the thing that made him who he is, is basically equilavent to someone like Carson Palmer. He can't evade the rush, and only scrambles in very desperate situations. And he simply does not have the accuracy to be a pocket passer. Every throw over 5 yards is at least little off forcing the WRs to make an adjustment, and half the time he misses them by so much that they don't even have a chance. Westbrook is a beast. Curtis is quick and reliable. Brown is decent. Our O-line consistently gives him plenty of time, and yet he cannot get us in the end-zone. Again, he was good because of his legs, and without that, he does not add anything at all to the table. Wtf does he do well? And yes, I was making this post even if we had won the game.

Seriously, does anyone think that McNabb could ever put a two-minute drive together like Griese's?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM

The Eagles show that it's possible to both screw yourselves while allowing yourself to get screwed simultaneously.

The officials took a full 1 minute off the clock and had one huge bad call plus some other questionable ones.

But that's all pretty irrelevant because the Eagles assuredly would have flawlessly run their Prevent Defense to prevent themselves from holding onto the win irregardless.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Last week I made a prop bet that the Vikings Tavaris Jackson would throw a pick against the Bears. The Bears D proceeds to allow the Vikes to rush for 57 million yards so Jackson hardly needs to throw the ball and I lose.

After hearing Ron Jaworski on the radio predict that the Eagles offense should put a ton of points up in this game I was looking forward to getting back on track. Now I am both really ticked off at the $@(&!#% Bears, and wondering if there is any reason to watch the Eagles anymore this season. They are just too pathetic on offense to watch.

Sorry, just had to vent.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:51 PM

I don't remember the exact time situation, but did Reid do something stupid again? I thought McNabb's scramble pretty much ended it, but when I flipped back they're punting w/ 2 minutes left?

I thought the DE was held on the last TD. 97 yards is still pretty awful though.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, at least I understand why they drafted Kolb now. McNabb is easily a below average quarterback in the league at this point. His mobility, the thing that made him who he is, is basically equilavent to someone like Carson Palmer. He can't evade the rush, and only scrambles in very desperate situations. And he simply does not have the accuracy to be a pocket passer. Every throw over 5 yards is at least little off forcing the WRs to make an adjustment, and half the time he misses them by so much that they don't even have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looks like his mobility really was the difference for him, but how the heck did he throw all those TDs on a broken ankle years ago? Oh that's right, it was against the Cardinals D, never mind.

I wonder if Reid will stick around or if family issues will have him step aside at the end of the season. Will he let Marty usher in the Kolb era? With Dawkins and perhaps Runyan and Tra Thomas all near the end of the line it looks like rebuilding is in the very near future for this team. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]