Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Partypoker account blocked because of suspicious gameplay

OK so according to the screenshot there are 12 characters in this guy's password, and the account has 3K in it. Get to work lads. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 PM

OP, could you post the email from Party saying that your account is closed and why they closed it?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Also, use a converter and post the HHs where you took stacks off these guys.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Ah ok, makes more sense now that I see it's NL. Well the stats look reasonable. It's pretty obvious that someone at one of your tables reported you to Party. The only thing I can see that would be suspicious is the 213 hands at 200 NL. You won 6+ buyins in 200 hands which, while definitely possible, is running pretty damn hot. IMO 1 or 2 things occurred at the 200 NL tables:

1. You just happened to be an innocent player who:
a. ran into a couple big fish at the right time that were playing so bad that it looked liked collusion or chip dumping to other players at the table and they reported you

or
b. 1 of the accounts that you won money off of was found out to be fraudulent and now your account is caught up in the mess

OR

2. You were cheating or doing something else that violates the site rules for whatever reason. Whether it be collusion or something else. The reason I, and most everyone else, is skeptical OP is b/c these threads come up about once a month. They almost always end with the OP being found out to be a cheater. If you're innocent I definitely hope you get your money back though.

If you are innocent you are gonna have to stay on their ass. Forget the emails, you need to talk to a customer service supervisor or one of their fraud guys ASAP.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, use a converter and post the HHs where you took stacks off these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would like to see these as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Party didn't sent me an email that my account has been blocked, but there was some box that appeared when I tried to sign in which said I would get one, I called them straight after that and we had a huge conversation so that's why I probably didn't get one.

What you mean there are players like me who get blocked once per month?

I wil try to post the big hands I won AND lost on the 200 NL.

well I have pokeroffice, but it wont let me copy the handhistory for some reason.....

But I can summarize how I won the hands.

Basically the first big hand was two pair over two pair, I think I had K7 he had j7, flop came kj7 or he made two pair on the turn.

Another 2 hands I had a flush draw on the flop and made it on the turn and took money from 3 players. And then I had AA against 55, preflop all in but that was some guy who just joined the table.

I was having 1100+ at one point on that table.

However I also lost some big hands there, had 55, flop is 58q, he has q8, river: 8.

Or I have AK, reraise preflop, flop k54, he has AA, we were all in.

Then I won some hand against a donk, I had 77, flop is 743, he has 75 and goes all in I think.

I will try to post the handhistory but that#s really sick and not fair, how the [censored] am I linked to those idiots who just lose the money. its not my fault ffs.

You said:

b. 1 of the accounts that you won money off of was found out to be fraudulent and now your account is caught up in the mess

What you mean fraudulent, if that's their account, why don't they deal with him instead of closing my account?

How is it my fault if someone plays bad?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM

i would be slightly disturbed if partypoker closes accounts for the sole reason that you "won too much".

This definitely is no valid evidence for any TOS violations/cheating. I would definitely expect a detailed explanation on what grounds your account was closed. what is to be investigated, did they acually ask you to comment the hands in question?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is that about 1-2 times a month a new member joins here and claims that their account has been locked for no reason. Most of the time it turns out the the poster was cheating or violated the sites terms of service in another way. I'm not saying you are a cheater b/c I have no evidence to make a decision either way. I'm just telling you that a lot of people are gonna be naturally skeptical b/c you are new here.

[/ QUOTE ] how the [censored] am I linked to those idiots who just lose the money. its not my fault ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree if you won the money fair and square it's not your fault they suck. I'm saying that maybe someone at the table thought some of the hands looked suspicious and reported it to Party so they could investigate it. People are way paranoid about bots and collusion these days and maybe someone suspected you of this. If this is the case then I would expect Party to investigate you and then clear you and open your account back up.

[/ QUOTE ]You said:

What you mean fraudulent, if that's their account, why don't they deal with him instead of closing my account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean that maybe one or more of the players at the table were involved in some type of scam or collusion. Then when you won a bunch of money off them Party assumed that you were in on it with them. I can't remember the exact circumstances but this happened to Strassa a good while back. Maybe someone can link it. He was playing on the up an up but some of the other guys at the table were cheating and he got lumped in with them and Prima locked his account with 15 K or something in it. If this is the case, then you will have to prove to Party that you weren't in on any of the funny business.

Again I have no idea what is going on in your case. I'm just speculating on some reasons on why your account may be locked based on situations that have happened in the past. IF you are indeed legitimate I'm afraid you prolly have a long way ahead of you to clear your name and make your case to Party. Sites are quick to lock accounts, but not so quick to unlock them. Which is a scary deal b/c if even 1 legitimate player has his account locked and his money taken then that is 1 too many in my book.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Yes well, I maybe know why it was locked.

Because just yesterday as already explained I was sitting wiht 1.1k or more at one table, max buyin 200. I won like 4 BIG hands ina row.

First hand i had 46s and called a raise, because the raiser was called and I was just getting crap all the time and I thought maybe I might flop something big and win a lot if someone has a big pair. On the flop I had a flush draw and one guy flopped a set of tens, I won that hand which was worth over 500 dollar I think.

THe NEXT HAND, I had TJ of hearts and exactly the same happened, actually I had the flush on the turn and some guy was bluffing and reraised me all in, I just called.

2 hands later or so I get AA and some guy raises with 55, I reraise he moves all in.

You gave me a good idea, I will call partypoker in 2 days again as we made that date up and tell them that I want an explanation of HOW i have cheated, because that's what they actually claim I did.

It is sick that some guy with 15k in his account gets blocked, like you said in your example. I read a while ago about some guy who was winning a lot from some guy and his account was locked as well because that guy has used some fake credit card or so.

I will have to ask partypoker if that was probably the case, because if it was, they have to contact that idiot and bring him to the law, because I did nothing wrong.

I will keep you guys informed and I will rewrite the handhistory and post it.

Thanks for your help so far. I am playing at FTP now but it's such a [censored] feeling, especially because party has the most fishes ever.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens fairly often is someone gets their account locked and turns up here for help. I wouldn't say its all the time, but certainly a non-negligible amount of time it turn out the "innocent" victim was in fact involved and deserved to have their account locked. That is why you will get a lot of questions from the forum.

[ QUOTE ]
well I have pokeroffice, but it wont let me copy the handhistory for some reason.....

But I can summarize how I won the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No good.

We need the hand histories to determine if your play and their play is not indicative of collusion or chip dumping. Please post the hand histories, or failing that, screenshots of the hand histories.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the issues is charge-backs. Someone deposits on their account, loses the money at the poker tables, then calls their credit card company and disputes the charges. In this case Party has to give the money back, so they'll take it back from you.

Also, often its a stolen credit card and the chips are dumped to a "clean" poker player for him to cash out before the chargeback can hit, in exchange the player keeps a cut. In the previous case you may just be out the winnings. If the money that was charged back was dumped to you, probably the rest of your funds will be taken as well and the account locked permanently.

So, if you could, please find a way to post the hand histories <u>of your big winning hands</u> so we can be sure that you weren't dumped to.