Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: preflop play at 6max with 2-3 limpers or a min-raiser

This is awesome of you guys to do. Many thanks.

Two questions:

1) What does Peel mean?

<font color="blue"> Call and see the turn </font>

2) Ok, JJ UTG, full ring 100bb or more stacks. Whats the plan?

<font color="blue"> Raise 4xbb </font>

Assumme you raise and get one caller you're good friends Mr. Ace and Mr. King hit the flop. You cbet Villain calls or raises are you done with the hand?

<font color="blue"> Probably </font>

Assume you get more than one caller, Ace and K hit again, you cbet?

<font color="blue"> depends on villains. Ill probably not bet here. </font>

Cool beans.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM

I have a problem playing AK oop to a 3bet.

I think just calling the raise is an ugly play as you dont hit the flop often enough and have to give up to any decent flop bet.

Folding I think is too weak.

Coming over the top leaves you in an awkward spot aswell, as you cant really fold if he goes all in due to the great pot odds you get.

Is it all rea dependant then? Like someone 3betting me with a PFR of 0.3 I can surely throw my hand away? 4bet a maniac with a PFR of 25?

<font color=" blue"> This is a situation dependent. If you are gonna 4 bet oop, shove. I feel the best way to play is to fold or shove, dependent on the villain. If a total nit 3 bets, ill fold. Usually Ill shove otherwise.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM

1. What does "Carpal \'Tunnel" stand for? Is it this kind of thing that's hard to catch for a non-English native speaker?

<font color="blue"> 2500 posts </font>

2. Same question for "Pooh-bah"?

<font color=" blue"> 1600 posts </font>

Thanks a lot, guys
Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-uNL edition

Only read to page 8 so far, so not sure if this has been asked/answered or maybe I should be in the beginner forum

How should I change my play when I get 150BB or 200BB deep? I see this come up a lot in posts about needing to know how deep the stacks are yet I don't understand the basic theory on deep stack play. <font color="blue"> Implied odds become much more important pf and postflop, and having a big hand is more important when getting the money in. </font>

I usually quit playing when I get close to 150 BB. Unfortunately I have noticed that I will actually quit playing in good games when I get up a little, but I will keep playing in bad games when I am getting hammered. So the result is that when I have winning sessions they are small, but my losing sessions are huge. I need to figure out a way to reverse that and being able to play deep can only help. <font color="blue"> Play for a certain amount of time at a certain number of tables. </font>
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Can anyone define the stack-a-donk line for me?

<font color="blue"> Bet flop, get raise, c/rai on the turn is my understanding.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Ok, so how do you recommend a player balance the need to be more aggressive postflop and betting for value while trying to keep pot sizes under control with marginal hands hands (top pair, overpairs)?

My sense is that when I try to hard to keep manage pot sizes, I often miss chances to bet for value, meanwhile when I try to be aggressive with marginal hands post-flop, I often create big pots that can be hard to get away from...

Seems like the line between getting too aggressive with marginal hands and being weak/tight is very thin... Thoughts, suggestions?

<font color="blue">Ok, this thread ran its course. Im gonna lock it and put it in the sticky. Well do another one soon. </font>
Closed Thread