Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: uhmmmmm

call and tkae it down
Old 12-20-2006, 03:02 PM

There's no reason to suspect V's holding a better hand than you are here, and like so many before me has stated, his riverbet feels a lot like a blockbet.
On the other hand tho, any kind of raise here would just be stupid; whatever the amount.
I cant imagine that he would pay us off with any weaker ace, and if, by any chance, he's holding a strong hand, a raise is... well, this part is pretty self-explanatory...

I cant really see why you're questioning your decision here.?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:40 PM

As with everyone, my first instinct is that a raise has no value. But with a little more thought, I think it does. HERO hammered both the flop AND turn, with a fairly dry flop. So when VILLAIN calls the flop bet its somewhat obvious that he has a hand like a weaker A. HERO bombing all streets here looks to the VILLAIN like he's got a big hand or is trying to get the VILLAIN to fold his obvious one pair. So if you ever triple barrel bluff and you feel VILLAIN may suspect as such, I think pushing the river DOES have some value... whether it counters the negative value of all the times he takes this awkward line with a big hand, I'm not sure..
Old 12-21-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO bombing all streets here looks to the VILLAIN like he's got a big hand or is trying to get the VILLAIN to fold his obvious one pair. So if you ever triple barrel bluff and you feel VILLAIN may suspect as such, I think pushing the river DOES have some value...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good point. On second thought now, I think pushing is better than just raising, as it will scream to Villain "Monster-or-Air" and I can definitely see you getting paid off with all worse A's.

Kirk