Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Default tournament work around

for low buy in multistage tournaments one workaround that would appear to work (but may not be very popular) would be to adopt a sweepstakes payout:

Stage 1: pays a ticket to stage 2 to the winner, 1 sweepstakes entry to all losers, and charges a small fee ($3-$5 probably would pass muster in most states)

Stage 2-semifinals: no direct buy in, you have to win all of your prior stages, each stage you win gives you an increasing number of sweepstakes entries

finals: winner gets a bunch of sweepstakes entries, 2d place gets a lower number etc.

A drawing of the sweepstakes entries determines each payout. Multiple prizes per player are permitted, so the winner of the tourney who gets screwed when his entries arent drawn can make up for it with mulitple lower prizes.

Note: this post legally establishes a date of publication for copyright/patent purposes for this and substantially equivalent tournament structures. All rights reserved. PM to discuss royalties [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: tournament work around

We want workarounds that allow us to make good (big) money playing online. Not that just allow microstakes players to keep playing for pennies and dimes.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:35 AM

Then dont play. the popularity of low buy in multistage tournaments for WSOP/WPT entries would indicate that there is plenty of market for this. the only major difference is that in those tournaments you can usually buy in to higher stages. You couldnt here because the fee would be too high to qualify under state law.

PokerStars and FCP attract a ton of players for these tourneys.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Screw donkaments. They're only good for getting tourney donks enough money to dump to me in cash games at the stakes I play.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Screw donkaments. They're only good for getting tourney donks enough money to dump to me in cash games at the stakes I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow..im impressed. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

sites are interested in making money, not in supporting your lavish lifestyle. If low stakes workarounds are all that can get past the law, they will do it. Will they make the money they are now? No. Will they make a lot of money..absolutely.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:50 AM

Copernicus,

I'm interested in us players, not the poker sites and their owners. They would be perfectly happy if we all played .50/$1 limit games with high rake insuring no one could overcome same and take money out of the poker economy. Screw them too.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus,

I'm interested in us players, not the poker sites and their owners. They would be perfectly happy if we all played .50/$1 limit games with high rake insuring no one could overcome same and take money out of the poker economy. Screw them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. This makes so little sense im going to have to read your Politics posts more closely. The sites are what are giving you the opportunity to play. They are in that business. Saying "screw them" is in denial of the fact that you need them.

"I want a truck that gets 200 miles to the gallon so my trucking business is more profitable. Screw the truck makers if they cant make them". Then make your deliveries by foot or bike but you arent a player in the trucking market.