Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: The \"Real\" Top 12 Results

Let me say that I do not think that it is rigged. I think the correct person is going home each week. I just think they sometimes manipulate the other two in the bottom three to try and sway things at times. For example, Simon was probably told to give Haley nothing but compliments last week and then they took her out of the bottom three even though she messed up the words badly. Yeah, she looks good but there is no way she wasn't bottom three last week. Just like there is no way Sanjaya was bottom three with VFTW behind him. Rumor has it the producers do not want him on tour and want him gone before then.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM

i think they have huge leeway on the vote adjustments... whether they'd keep #1 the same and manipulate the #2/3 spots, who knows?

did seacrest for certain (like courtroom testimony standard) say that sanjaya was bottom 3?.... i find they're pretty careful with what they say. they did say phil was bottom-3 i think (not certain though).

but this is more reality show than competition... the way they pimped jordan was basically scripted. they huddled with producers and decided they would do that. i have no doubt on that.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think they have huge leeway on the vote adjustments... whether they'd keep #1 the same and manipulate the #2/3 spots, who knows?

did seacrest for certain (like courtroom testimony standard) say that sanjaya was bottom 3?.... i find they're pretty careful with what they say. they did say phil was bottom-3 i think (not certain though).

but this is more reality show than competition... the way they pimped jordan was basically scripted. they huddled with producers and decided they would do that. i have no doubt on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't tell Sanjaya he was in the B3 when he sent him to the middle, but when he got there, Ryan pointed at them and said, "America, your bottom three." Not a lot of wiggle room there. I tend to agree with those who call BS on these "actual" vote totals, but I'm conflicted because this Ricky certainly seems to have an "in."
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Why has nobody posted Rickys response? Surely Idolforums is aghast at these recent developments.

It really doesnt add up to me. This guy spoils the final 24 to a TEE even as people called him crazy... impossible to get that lucky. You have to have an in. Now he comes out with this list, AFTER the results show, and despite it conflicting with the announced bottom 3? wtf?
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM

I think Phil and Haley would DEFINTELY have to be bottom 3 based on what we know. Therefore, yes they put Sanjaya in the bottom 3 last week to add some drama to the show. Everyone knows the judges hate Sanjaya yet he is getting through each week. They have to add that drama so when they go to commercial you THINK "well maybe Sanjaya really does go home this week". I guarantee Sanjaya is not in the bottom 3 of vote getters.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Phil and Haley would DEFINTELY have to be bottom 3 based on what we know. Therefore, yes they put Sanjaya in the bottom 3 last week to add some drama to the show. Everyone knows the judges hate Sanjaya yet he is getting through each week. They have to add that drama so when they go to commercial you THINK "well maybe Sanjaya really does go home this week". I guarantee Sanjaya is not in the bottom 3 of vote getters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how a little gimmick like this could really help the ratings much this season. There is no real mystery who's going to win. Within a week or two Doolittle will stop giving that 'what me?' face and accept the crown. I don't know what they'll do when that happens.

BTW, I don't believe Haley was bottom 3 last week.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM

I can't register on Idolforums... can someone post this kid's response to why his list doesn't jive with the bottom 3?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Ricky follow up posts from that thread:

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if you believe it lol; they want him out before the tour and are thinking of strategies to get people to not vote for him. Notice how the judges now straight up dont even bother to compliment him? At first they were at least decent. Now they are basically saying "DO NOT VOTE FOR SANJAYA" I won't be surprised if next week some says those exact words on the panel. Idol wants him out, badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only follow-up. Seems off based on last night?

The basic justification for Ricky being trusted seems to be this guy's post:

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to IDF. Ricky is a proven "spoiler" guy. He corretly spoiled the whole Top 24 a few weeks before they announed it, and has given correct song spoilers. He's credible, he's been vetted.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Well, this is ridiculous. If you're going to scream conspiracy you gotta show some evidence to back it up.

As to the 'correct' spoiling of the top-24, I would like to go back and see how this was done, because I'm more and more inclined to believe this is sleight of hand.

I remember people saying the top 40 was spoiled correctly since August or something ridiculous like that, but a lot of it was wrong and was constantly being updated in any event. Wouldn't surprise me in the least of Ricky pulled the same thing, tho I can't say I actually saw his list before the top 24 was actually announced.

He's making a pretty sensational claim: that the voting on Idol is not 100% legitimate. It makes no difference if its only with regards to the b3 and not with regards to the boottee... that's huge. Further, he's doing it in the face of (admittedly inconsistent) DI numbers.

He has lost any faith I may have previously placed in his info until he can back it up with something a little better than "it makes no difference if you believe me... i've been vetted"
Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 PM

MyName - I just joined this board haven't looked through it thoroughly.

The board keeps crashing everytime I try to do a search by poster name. To be fair Ricky's not claiming "hey I've been vetted, that's my justification", that was another poster backing Ricky up. And of course, Ricky has alot of incentive not to reveal his sources.

-Al