Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 06:03 PM

Default What is the standard here?

A standard overcall or fold?

Full Tilt Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9.
MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB 3-bets</font>, 1 fold[/i]</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 9, Q, T (5 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 8 4 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 3 4 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero ?.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: What is the standard here?

3-bet pf for value and isolation.
as played, easy call on the river expecting to see two-pair type hands at least 1 in 12 times.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:55 AM

i just don't see how anyone can fold this for only one bet closing the action. lots of pair and 2 pair combos out there, and there haven't been any raises indicating a str8. of course, there prolly is a str8 out there, but u gotta overcall this.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 AM

pf is bad. You got to 3-bet there. Value/limit the field ect. Some reads would be useful here. CO CC'ed first in though so he probably sucks. I wouldn't be too worried about him. Seems like mostly pairs/2p. Maybe 88 or A8/K8 of clubs.

You're not good too much here but you are getting 14 to 1 and AQ/KQ/AA/KK isn't impossible for SB. Plus a lot of J's don't 3-bet pf. With no read, I'll call. Not easily though. Spot sucks TBH.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 AM

Also guys SB doesn't have two pair much. First he 3-bet pf and then he didn't 3-bet the flop.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also guys SB doesn't have two pair much. First he 3-bet pf and then he didn't 3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. the other guy very likely has a two-pair though. i guess SB most likely has AJ or JJ but he's an unknown - who knows what he does.

edit: actually, co's hand doesn't quite look like two-pair either unless he's loose and very passive or tricky. could easily be TP or slowplayed J.

edit^2: darn, you beat me to it with your next post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. the other guy very likely has a two-pair though. i guess SB most likely has AJ or JJ but he's an unknown - who knows what he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't think he has 2p much either. Could be a flop slow play of course. More likely he has a pair and is a donk just blind calling down regardless of the board.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:54 AM

Ya should describe table abit, but feel that such descriptions lead to some well funky replies. As a general is more what I was after. I am unsure sometimes how to play these hands, but the decission was a planned one, and not because I`m afraid to raise a mid pp. I would certainly raise if I was either of the blinds. Since the stakes play to river alot I feel that I can call this and bring in the blinds playing the hand for multiway value. I will never get this hu with a raise here. I might loose the blinds and get some dead money, but feel mixing this-not for deception but for a possible multiway action( ie playing for set or strong draw) with position compensates for the lack of 3betting pf?

You feel this reasoning is a poor way to go about such a hand every now and then?

Stokken
Old 09-23-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You feel this reasoning is a poor way to go about such a hand every now and then?

Stokken

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah pretty much. It's not bad reasoning if you had 77 or 66, but 99 makes more then just sets. You're going to see a lot of flops of cards below 8 or with one over, both are generally good flops for 99. Limiting the field and taking the initiative will let you win more pots UI. Gaining a few bets when the people behind you call and you hit a set isn't worth losing a few pots when you could have pushed them out.