Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Skalnsky\'s system said it was, relied upon early capital accumulation

no its not only donkament, its "the" biggest donkament
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Skalnsky\'s system said it was, relied upon early capital accumulat

great to hear, thanks for the info...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM

OP, I hate posts like this, but since I sat and read your rambling nonsense (tl;dr) you should return the favor.

Busted, I think I know what your problem is: you're an idiot. Let me elaborate.

Despite what you think and may even have been told at some point, you're not very clever. As a result the ideas you have about things are not particularly relevant or insightful and often incorrect. When you share them with others, in the belief that they are really original and interesting you're wrong. Because you're an idiot.

Using fancy words and alluding to the stock market does not automatically make an argument more convincing, it just irriates anyone who reads it. You sound like an idiot with a degree.

At this point you're probably feeling defensive, and may want to respond with more fancy words, perhaps telling me about your prestigous education and glittering career to put me in my place and prove that you are, in fact, very clever. You have his desire because you're an idiot with an ego. Don't bother dude, I don't care.

Solution: Get a blog, share your wisdom there, have 'high powered' debates with the other idiots who may read it. stop wasting the internet with silly pretentious message board threads. If you feel the urge, remember, you're an idiot, and just don't. Then you won't get flamed on 2+2 and i won't open a thread to read an atrocious OP like the one above.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Brunson/Benyamine girth prop bet

lol!!!

Donkaments???
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's any proof that winning vs a field with high % of bad players is any more or less difficult than winning vs a field with high % of good players.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome
Old 08-25-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's any proof that winning vs a field with high % of bad players is any more or less difficult than winning vs a field with high % of good players.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

There really isn't any proof. No one on this thread has offerred any proof. On the contrary, people resort to garbage insults precisely because they don't like to deal with their common wisdom being challenged ... because then their world would get more difficult and they would have to actually, err, think.

Playing against fields with a high % of bad players presents its own set of problems. This is because they don't all play badly the same way. I maintain that guys like DN have successfully developed a specific game to play against such fields. The presence of lots of guys like DN in the WSOP ME means that you're really playing against them, not the donks, making it a very tough test.

Yes, donks do very well in WSOP ME and even win it, but that's just the element of luck in tournament poker. If you look back at the final tables of the last few WSOP MEs a non-normal % of very good players are present. They got there by applying appropriate strategies.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, maybe No Limit Tournament play is NOT rocket science, and a player of moderate skill can acquire early sufficient capital to overwhelm the "greater skill" of a more thinly capitalized opponent in later stages. (This was the basis of Sklansky's system of a couple of years ago.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No limit is the Cadillac of poker. That was the car of your
grandfathers. Any player adopting a jam or fold style can
neutralize much of the pros' skill advantage.
To increase the skill components organizers need to
structure tournaments to force all players to play small
ball. Increase the number of decisions needed to
produce a champion.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing against fields with a high % of bad players presents its own set of problems. This is because they don't all play badly the same way. I maintain that guys like DN have successfully developed a specific game to play against such fields. The presence of lots of guys like DN in the WSOP ME means that you're really playing against them, not the donks, making it a very tough test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu hasn't figured it out. His strategy is never bluffing into an unknown player on the turn or river. Results: DN has never won a MTT with over 1000 entrants.

Hellmuth has figured it out. His tenth bracelet was in a 1000+ field and his 11th was in a 2000+ field.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: FTP Pros on strike for better wages and benefits

[ QUOTE ]
It just as easily could have been Allen Cunningham in 2006 and Scotty Nguyen in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]
And it wasn't. Hence, LOL donkaments.