Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not bad at all

360 def looks better than ps3

hd-dvds come in dual-format sometimes, unlike blu-ray; and 5 hd movies would cost u close to 150

[/ QUOTE ]

bluray = 1080p and its free with the ps3
HD-DUD = 1080i oh and its almost 200 xtra bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the PS3 60 GB system costs $500 base, as opposed to the $350 that the Xbox Premium (granted, 20 GB standard) costs. If you want a more accurate depiction, the 80 GB PS3 (with motorstorm, ooh) costs $600, whereas the 120 gig 360 elite costs ~$450.

Seriously, did you register on 2p2 just to hype ps3 and bash the 360? Jesus.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:16 PM

..not to mention the fact that 360 HD-DVD player can [obviously] playback at 1080p.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not bad at all

360 def looks better than ps3

hd-dvds come in dual-format sometimes, unlike blu-ray; and 5 hd movies would cost u close to 150

[/ QUOTE ]

bluray = 1080p and its free with the ps3
HD-DUD = 1080i oh and its almost 200 xtra bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the PS3 60 GB system costs $500 base, as opposed to the $350 that the Xbox Premium (granted, 20 GB standard) costs. If you want a more accurate depiction, the 80 GB PS3 (with motorstorm, ooh) costs $600, whereas the 120 gig 360 elite costs ~$450.

Seriously, did you register on 2p2 just to hype ps3 and bash the 360? Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it price is one of the deciding factors? To get both of my systems (roughly) the same I spent the same amount for each. No wifi on the 360 though. $100 wasn't worth it since the PS3 can use the wifi and I can use the extra ethernet cord space for my 360.

Yeah, and w/ the HDMI cable the 360 can obviously produce 1080p (HD-DVD and games). Stop spreading rumors about something you know nothing about.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it price is one of the deciding factors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people don't want to HAVE to spend $600-$700 to get a video game system.

The troll daaaaaahawks makes it his mission to spread misinformation and for some reason does nothing but bash 360. The simple fact of the matter is that price is important to the average consumer.

Now, if you quoted and replied to my post yet meant to talk about what hawks said, that's cool, but I'm confused about what you're getting at with me.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

exact same thing happened to me when I got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find a fix for it, or did you have to return it for a new one too?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it price is one of the deciding factors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people don't want to HAVE to spend $600-$700 to get a video game system.

The troll daaaaaahawks makes it his mission to spread misinformation and for some reason does nothing but bash 360. The simple fact of the matter is that price is important to the average consumer.

Now, if you quoted and replied to my post yet meant to talk about what hawks said, that's cool, but I'm confused about what you're getting at with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't HAVE to spend $600, but if you want HDMI, 4 controllers, and more than 20 GB of HD you start to get up there. IMO, you really need those extras to truly experience the system. The way it was meant to be played. However, if that's not important to you then by all means get the cheaper version. It just wasn't an option for me.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

exact same thing happened to me when I got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find a fix for it, or did you have to return it for a new one too?

[/ QUOTE ]

warranty replacement. Kinda funny cause I sent it in and lost my tracking number. USPS basically didn't deliver it and when I called M$ two months later to ask WTF they said "we didn't receive the package. Your RMA has been closed because you didn't send it in". I paid for the shipping with cash from the post office and assumed all was lost.

About 2 weeks later the new drive was on my porch =)
Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Best Buy on Sunday has the HD-DVD for $179 plus Heroes S1, plus King Kong, plus the five free movies

link

If these movies interest you, the DVD drive is basically free.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:43 PM

Wow this is almost too good to pass up. If my box had the HDMI port I pretty much wouldn't have a choice.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best Buy on Sunday has the HD-DVD for $179 plus Heroes S1, plus King Kong, plus the five free movies

link

If these movies interest you, the DVD drive is basically free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow i think i might finally break down and get it.