Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

Spurs LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Jol said: "There was a good sign in the dressing room because they were all blaming each other. The most important thing is that we pick ourselves up because it is a long, tough season."

[/ QUOTE ]

The [censored]? Good sign that everyone is blaming each other? Whats next?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM

TSC, I am having a laugh...

at how little you know about football...

1. when did i say we're playing a 4-5-1?
we are def going to play 4-4-2 with a withdrawn striker almost all the time.

2. Uh Nani and Anderson are going to be sick. but show me the post where I say that they are gonna be ready this season to make a huge impact on the league.

3. If we were going 4-5-1 for a big game... Saha/ Roon could play up top in a 4-5-1... it's not like it has to be someone like Crouch or Viduka up there

4. Anderson... wtf is wrong with you... it's not like it's hard to figure out the kids position...

5. Sheva lol... Sheva doesn't suck because he can't play anymore it's cause he plays for Chelsea and they refuse to play to his strengths... he needs a team like your gooners or the red army that will make sure to create for him not expect him to do everything off a long ball or deflected lampard shot... he needs a team with some guile... not those brutes from West London

6. goal tending? this isn't hockey

I think you need to brush up on your footy... I know that you just started following the prem last year so you shouldn't just spout off about it like you are Eamon Dunphy
Old 08-14-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. when did i say we're playing a 4-5-1?
we are def going to play 4-4-2 with a withdrawn striker almost all the time.

[/ QUOTE ] I didn't say you will, at least I don't think I said that. I believe I said something to the effect that with basically one fit striker, are you guys going to play a 4-5-1?

[ QUOTE ]
2. Uh Nani and Anderson are going to be sick. but show me the post where I say that they are gonna be ready this season to make a huge impact on the league.

[/ QUOTE ] You may not have said it, but I have read ass loads of things from various web sites touting their prowess. I think you and I both agree that they have potential.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Anderson... wtf is wrong with you... it's not like it's hard to figure out the kids position...

[/ QUOTE ][censored] if I know. All these Brazilians with their one names, confuses the hell out of me. For some reason I thought he played defense.

Finally, no way Sheva could play for Arsenal. He's too static of a player. I think he's lost a step and is too old to aclimate to the physicality of the league.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 AM

he has lost a step but his understanding of the game would work in a system like yours... really if he was back at Milan that would be best for everyone...

he has incredible technical ability and if he was playing with a team working intricate passing moves to break down teams playing 11 men behind the ball I think he would do a lot better than the effective but mind numbing grind it out style of Chelsea... Basically he's done athletically and that is what Chelsea depend on...I just don't think he's as bad as he looked last season... he could still be very useful to a number of teams... but [censored] it I'm glad he is terrible for chelsea...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's probably confusing you with me a bit. THere was a discussion about which of the prem new boys would make a big impact this season and I said that I felt that Nani has the ability to make a bigger impact then Hargreaves if his Pre-Season form keeps up the way it has been. which of course doesn't mean all that much right now, but I also noted that Pre-season form doesn't neccessarily mean anything, but he has been looking like he is more then the real deal.

o yea, Andy Cole is available now, time to snap him up again? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Tottenham v Everton in two hours . . .

. . . don't forget that there's six games tomorrow too.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:31 PM

I think Nani will be first choice come Jan/ Feb
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Boom! Beautiful goal for Everton, awful defending by Spurs. 1-0 in the 2'.

Edit: Spurs looking extremely vulnerable. Everton were a couple bad bounces away from having a good chance on goal.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 PM

LOL 3-1 Everton. Spurs breaking into the top 4, right.....
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Spurs played like Jol had gone round the crowd and pick out 11 strangers to play, all over at the back and no clue going forward. Everton were pretty impressive cruised it in the second half.