Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best popular economist ever?
Friedrich von Hayek 4 7.84%
Milton Friedman 9 17.65%
Murray Rothbard 3 5.88%
Ludwig Von Mises 7 13.73%
John Maynard Keynes 3 5.88%
Adam Smith 21 41.18%
Thomas Sowell 4 7.84%
Paul Samuelson 0 0%
Lawrence Klein 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys need to get over this ZJ [censored]. dozens of regular posters on here did the exact same thing and just didnt get caught. Everyone knows it, and I wish a few of the offenders would just step up so that everyone would get off ZJs case all the time and instead blame everyone equally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I think a lot of us would have taken advantage of that bug in Party's software if we had known about it as well. Also, why does everybody forgot that JJProdigy was the original person to get caught?

[/ QUOTE ]

dozens of people did it and many posters know at least a few of them. I guess some people still do, although I don't know anyone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, nobody would admit to it now.

I'm sure there are a lot of players on this site who if they have the skill/opportunity to create a winning bot they would do it. There's literally no legal consequences of cheating on a poker site; you just get your account banned.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys need to get over this ZJ [censored]. dozens of regular posters on here did the exact same thing and just didnt get caught. Everyone knows it, and I wish a few of the offenders would just step up so that everyone would get off ZJs case all the time and instead blame everyone equally.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much of the ZJ hating is because of his behavior since the multiaccounting, but it's there's only so many tico jokes you can make. Feel free to riff on CPOY guarantees and such, to balance things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I forgot, his response to being outed was basically the worst advised post in the history of 2+2. It was almost as if he wanted as little sympathy as humanly possible.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

dozens of people did it and many posters know at least a few of them. I guess some people still do, although I don't know anyone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because lots of people are cheating doesn't make it ok.

FWIW I think ZJ's crime is very minor in the scheme of poker scummery and not worth bringing up all the time.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but there are plenty of people STILL doing it now and haven't (and never will) been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I sound dense, but how do they still do it? Just sign-up for two accounts and have two laptops next to each other? Or maybe have two internet connections?

Maybe I'm naive and it's way simpler than that?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 AM

http://poker.bodogbeat.com/justin-bonomo-pwns-phil-hellmuth-at-2007-world-series-of-poker-26609.html

UPDATE: Justin was moved away from Phil after the dinner break and seated next to Men "The Master" Nguyen, one of the chip leaders. Apparently, Men expected the same deferential treatment as Phil did because after Justin called him down on two hands in a row and took about 8k from him, he started grumbling at Justin inaudibly. We'll assume they were not compliments as Justin was definitely not smiling. Men was so on tilt that he turned around and started yelling at some railbirds, accusing them of looking at his hole cards and giving away tells. The railbirds responded, "we don't care a thing about you, we're watching our friend Steve." (Steve was seated to Men's right.) Men just started grumbling again.

Justin has now been moved to another table and promptly took 10k off the guy to his right on the first hand. He is on a tear right now.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: ZeeJustin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
i have never actually had any respect for zeejustin til i read this

so awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the same way
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 AM

ZJ is wearing Bodog gear in that link. Does he have have some endorsement deal with Bodog, who got rid of Jamie Gold because they aren't doing endorsement deals any more?

*edit* well they refer to him as "Team Bodog poker player" so I guess he does then.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there are plenty of people STILL doing it now and haven't (and never will) been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I sound dense, but how do they still do it? Just sign-up for two accounts and have two laptops next to each other? Or maybe have two internet connections?

Maybe I'm naive and it's way simpler than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Had they used separate internet connections they probably would have never gotten caught.

You could open up multiple lobbies by repeatedly clicking on PP very quickly. Opening up new accounts was no big deal, Party never really monitored this as long as you didn't use the same funding/withdrawl method.

They guys who did this just played all the accounts from the same computer, making me wonder why it took other players reporting them for them to get caught.

I have no idea how they did it on Stars.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Please make more jokes about the fact that Justin used to multiaccount.

Sincerely,
Your adoring fands at twoplustwo

[/ QUOTE ]

....and hellmuth doesnt have horses at every tourney he plays in?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Please make more jokes about the fact that Justin used to multiaccount.

Sincerely,
Your adoring fands at twoplustwo

[/ QUOTE ]

....and hellmuth doesnt have horses at every tourney he plays in?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...is this serious?