Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Question about laptop screen

My friend bought a new laptop. It has a 15.4" WXGA screen. I'm guessing that he'll only be able to play one table w/out overlap at sites like Bodog or WPEX. Question is- can he add an external monitor, say a Samsung 204B, and be able to utilize the 1600x1200 resolution to 4 table or is he screwed?

BTW laptop has a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 128mb graphics card. Don't know if this changes anything?

Thx for your input.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Question about laptop screen

If he has a video out plug he should be fine. He can always test it out on your monitor or any other one. Plug it in and see what the highest resolution that he can set it to in properties is.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:51 PM

Well, he has the option of returning it before it's delivered.

Is anyone else reasonably certain this will work short of actually receiving the computer and testing it?

Also, am I correct that say on Bodog at 15.4 WXGA 2 tables at the same time will overlap?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a video out plug he should be fine. He can always test it out on your monitor or any other one. Plug it in and see what the highest resolution that he can set it to in properties is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I'm sure the laptop has a video out plug. So even if the native res of the laptop is WXGA it can power an external monitor of a higher res?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I'm sure the laptop has a video out plug. So even if the native res of the laptop is WXGA it can power an external monitor of a higher res?

[/ QUOTE ]

He should be alright. According to this Laptop ad with the same the same video card the max external resoultion is above 1600X1200.