Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Flop trips after reraising pf with AK.

Lol this hand plays itself, just bet 300-push and youll be fine
Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 PM

I think given villains stack and pot size, we should slowplay check there. There aren't any real turn scare cards, he wont be messing with us with a bluff-cram often at all if we lead, and chances that he got any part of this flop are tiny.

Fire 3500 on the turn if he checks behind on the flop because it looks about right and ensures were getting his stack on the river if we get that far.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so on a board that pairs broadway, given the stacks, you check any legitimate pf reraising hand?

Is this what you're expected to do?

I would contend that we're epxected to check AA and a K and that this part of our range is never folding. What else do we reraise OOP and how do we play that on the flop. TT-QQ, AQs and air, for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

Registrar,
My initial response was:

Since we're not getting much in the first place, I think the best bet for more than one street of value-i.e. villain's stack- is to bet 3k on the flop and check the turn. I hate the flop going ch/ch and we basically bet the same on the turn where villain never improves and is even more likely to fold. I think the inherent doubt built into c-bets will bring some pairs along and is more persuasive than the curiosity in the "check flop-bet turn" line which is often viewed as a missed c/r or slowplay. I think the bottom of our 3-bet range is more believable from us if we c-bet flop, check turn. (I personally think AQ/TT-JJ is a hard sell as part of our 3-betting range against random)

But now I have some doubts as to 1)whether villain is more/less likely to fold on the turn if we check the flop and 2)if the bottom of our range is not better represented by checking flop. Basically I'm all over the place, but will stick by betting the flop...for now.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol this hand plays itself, just bet 300-push and youll be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically true.