Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

Anyone know about the new Romeo y Julieta Viejo line?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM

I'm heading to the cigar store later. I'll pick one up if they have one and post a review.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Well they didn't have one so sorry I can't review. I did go with an H. Upmann cameroon churchill was becoming a rare find around here in that particular size. It was great as usual. One cigar I'll suggest to everybody is the Montecristo Serie C which has a cameroon wrapper. It's amazing. It's slightly mild, but rich and complex enough for any serious smoker to enjoy. Highly recommend it.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:23 AM

Ok I have gotten into a fairly heated recurring argument as to the "correct" method of smoking a cigar and wanted to see what most people do. I have always assumed that you should puff a cigar and draw the smoke into your mouth to get the flavor without inhaling. My friend has been telling me that this is a sort of widely spread myth and that cigars should be inhaled, and this is the correct way of smoking them. Is there a correct method to smoking a cigar? What do most people do?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Don't inhale - your friend must be insane.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't inhale - your friend must be insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im thinking he didnt mean "inhaled" in teh traditional sense, I think he meant, drawing the smoke, and than "breathing" it so you can actually smell it etc. If you meant inhaled like a cigarette, your friend is [censored] nuts. Otherwise, if he means drawing some of the smoke, and breathing it to "taste" it, than ya, he is kind of right. Its not a "myth", as drawing it into your mouth still gets you flavor, but "breathing" it to get a good sense of the smoke is mandatory to figure out the whole spectrum of taste. This is totally my opinion, and how I smoke, but I smoke a lot of cigars, and this is the most enjoyable way imo.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:57 PM

cant wait to get home today... bought a handful of hemingway short stories and best sellers. i cant decide which i like more.

any suggestions on a drink to pair with one?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM

I need a little help finding a cigar to add to my lineup. Right now I stick to medium-full bodied smokes. Standard five are the Padron 4000, h. upmann cameroon, cao brazilia, montecristo platinum (when i can find it), and the fuente hemmingways. I've having a CAO cameroon later tonight (no doubt my favorite wrapper), but I want to try other brands. What are your favorite smokes from romeo y julietta, AVO, punch (besides rare corojo), etc.? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 09:06 PM

I like the Romeo y Julieta Aniversario No. 2 Belicoso and the Romeo y Julieta Viejo E.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Another newb question. I just recently took up the hobby again after not smoking for a few years. When I smoked before I was seriously uneducated. Anyway, I'm on a strict budget, so started off with a mix of AF Curly Heads and Curly Head Deluxes. While I have read bad reviews of the Deluxe, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit taste wise, however, every fifth cigar or so there would be an annoying occurrence about half-way through. Essentially, I'd be drawing smoke but with ZERO flavor. Not bad flavor, just no flavor, almost like tasting air. Is this common among cheaper cigars? What causes it?